cant play gamcube games

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
one day i put gamecube game in my wii and it said that the disk could not be read. it says that for every gamecube games. can some one help me?

tried all that. disk is right way.still nothing

well maybe for some reason that game isn't supported by the wii! I would know why my theory would be correct but if you can borrow a game from someone or try a diffrent disk of your you maybe can see if im right!

Hope you get it to working

matthewj said:
well maybe for some reason that game isn't supported by the wii! I would know why my theory would be correct but if you can borrow a game from someone or try a diffrent disk of your you maybe can see if im right!

Hope you get it to working
no i don't think thats it, I'm pretty sure the Wii is completely backwards compatible. (unlike that big black thing)

What specific games have you tried (just to cross check potential compatibility issues, though I don't believe there is any)?

Are the GC games scratched at all?

I ask because *if* the games are in fact (99.9% likely) compatible, then there has to be some other issue - the Wii may be much more scratch sensitive vs. the GC.

If they were loading and hanging or crashing mid game, I might wonder about something at the gamecode level, but this sounds like a physical issue with [reading] the media.

Or something paranormal...

[DT] said:
What specific games have you tried (just to cross check potential compatibility issues, though I don't believe there is any)?

Are the GC games scratched at all?

I ask because *if* the games are in fact (99.9% likely) compatible, then there has to be some other issue - the Wii may be much more scratch sensitive vs. the GC.

If they were loading and hanging or crashing mid game, I might wonder about something at the gamecode level, but this sounds like a physical issue with [reading] the media.

Or something paranormal...

first i pur metal arms glitch in the system.didnt work.then i put zelda collectors edition and tried to start ocarina of time . it said the disk could not be read.all of them worked before.i have been noticing for a past few days that whenever i put any disk into my wii, it makes a loud sound.

I would look on Nintendo's Customer Service Website, and either call them or send them an email.

Nintendo.com said:
Problems with some games (not all)

* Are you able to play one type of Game Disc but not another (for example, you can play Wii Game Discs but not Nintendo GameCube Game Discs)? If so, then it is likely there is a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

* Check the bottom of the Game Disc (the side without any labels or writing) for any dirt or damage (such as cracks, scratches, etc.).

o If the games look significantly damaged, such as with scratches or cracks, it will need to be replaced. Please click here for our Game Disc replacement options.

o If the game looks dirty (fingerprints, smudges), try cleaning the Game Discs by clicking here. If the problem persists, the Game Discs will need to be replaced. Please click here for our Game Disc replacement options.

If the above information does not solve your problem, then it appears there is a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

You can follow this link for repair options:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_charts_wii.jsp

Hope this helps

Back