Can't register Wii friends

Just figured out my problem! Make sure that your wii number is correct. I had flipped 1 set of numbers. Thanks to brundo(?) for letting me know.

Has anybody figured out the problem with this yet? It's really frustrating me that I can't add friends' Wii codes but I can add my own email address just fine. I registered my cousin's Wii code and he put mine in too but it's been about a week and it still isnt registered (no typos either in codes). Does this mean that I need to configure my firewall or something or is my Wii corrupt and I have to call Nintendo support because as far as I know, I've done nothing wrong with my Wii. I can surf the web, and visit the shop channel and etc.

Got the same problem here and Nintendo Rep doesn't have a clue.:yikes:

I've checked all the numbers and they are all OK. I got about 8 people not working.:sick:

I'm going to try to erease them all and re add them an ask them to do the same with me.

If that does not work, I'm going to backup everything on my SD card and format the Wii memory and start from scratch. I would have liked to do a hard reset.... but it seems that it is impossible.

Actually, is anyone here would like to do the tests with me? We could try to add each other everyday until it works?

This sounds like a problem that's been going on a long time. I just purchased a wii myself and am having the same problem registering friends.

Breaker said:
This sounds like a problem that's been going on a long time. I just purchased a wii myself and am having the same problem registering friends.

Actually I got friends to register. The only problem I had is that the people didn't care. They were telling me they were going to add me and never did. They stop replying to my e-mails.

I've been on www.mapwii.com and got a couple of friends there and it works fine. Just remember both side needs to add each other, and it can take up to a few hour to register.

I'm really beggining to enjoy my Wii with friends now. I can share friens voucher for Metroid Prime 3 and play Mario Strikers with all the options I unlocked.

Mine works fine but both partys have to ass the number to the wii and for wmails put in w##################@wii.com and put the Nomber in there and it will work if you have your mail in it and make an email to your wii via computer

I noticed what i thought was a spam email from [email protected] but maybe it was someone adding me ?

My mii name is SuperTomo
console no is 4956 3313 3835 8749

Look forward to seeing someone online, going to buy mario sonic which you can play online i think ?

I had the same problem of registering friends and not having it work! Nothing seemed to work. So I went back, cleared my internet settings and found a better router network for me to use and the problem seems to be solved.... I don't think it's a Nintendo defect if so many of us are having the same issue. I wonder if it's a configuration problem....? I don't know. Baffles my mind, as I read the previous posts, that Nintendo Reps would be clueless to this though.

Hi, new here... just wondering if the OP ever got his Wii friends registered? I'm trying with some friends, but I can't verify if something is broken or if they are just flakes.

My Internet works fine, I can also send/receive emails, just haven't successfully registered a Wii friend yet.

Any idea if people need to have WiiConnect24 enabled for this to work? I know I do, but at least one of my friends doesn't.

From my understanding, WiiConnect24 is necessarily. I think you need to set it up as you would any other internet connection. For instance, mine is wireless so I set it up using the wireless router connection in our home.

Does that make sense?

Having my friends turn on WiiConnect24 did it, now they are registered and our Miis are Mingling.

I have a question. Do you have to have the standby mode on to register wii friends. I have mine off so I just wanted to make sure.

Not too impressed :(

Just got my Wii early for Christmas, and can't add ANYBODY as a friend. Surfing the internet perfectly fine but can't get my friends registrations to work. We all registered each others consoles at the same time and no luck.

Sorry everyone, but Xbox 360 is WORTH every penny for it's Live service. I've had it now for three years and love every minute of it. Messaging, chatting, you name it, and it works!

I hope something will magically connect because it seems like calling Nintendo directly is a waste of time...

DJ Shutout

I'm having the same problem adding friends.

My friend and I entered our codes, but we can't register/connect to each other. I've googled and can't find any help. I can get to everything else online without any problems.

I'm using a NetGear WPN824 router.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back