classic controller

jl559

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
Wii Online Code
8587-1102-6191-9483
when ssbb comes out, i want to play with 3 of my friends. Right now i have 2 wii remotes and 1 gamecube controller. My question is if I buy a classic controller, will it be able to be used by another player? I was thinking not because you plug it into another wii remote which would be used by another person. So do you think i should buy a classic controller or another wii remote?

If you want to have another person playing the game, you'll need wiimote. I not quite sure want you're really asking.

The following are all the compatible controllers for SSBB:

Wii Remote
Wii Remote + Nunchuck
Gamecube Controller
Classic Controller

They can be mixed up (1 Wii Remote and 1 Gamecube Controller), they don't all have to be a single type of controller.

Following me? :lol:

I suggest getting the Classic Controller since it is less money.

i think he mans if the classic controller was connected 2 the wiimote could 1 play with wiimote and the classic connected to it. and no.

LiquidD said:
he should buy a cube control since the other schemes might not be as good as the original cube control

He should buy a wiimote and get with the times and quite living in the gamecube-y past:wtf:

samXcor3 said:
He should buy a wiimote and get with the times and quite living in the gamecube-y past:wtf:
when brawl comes out, give ur f/c so i can beat u with a cube contro...

LiquidD said:
when brawl comes out, give ur f/c so i can beat u with a cube contro...

Deal! I'm sure you will, but it won't feel as good as me losing with a nice shiny white wiimote and/or classic controller in hand. ;)

Well we should go cube vs not cube then cube vs cube. just to see if it makes a difference although ill probably try to get used to the wiimote by itself or the classic.

yeah, im going to try to try the other control settings too but i think i'll end up just playing with the cube control.

Thanks guys! I decided to buy both because some of my vc games are hard to control with the gc and remote and now i'll have enough controllers for everyone.

forget the GC controller. You pay too much for a wireless and nobody wants cords anymore. Get the Wii remote and you won't regret it.

samXcor3 said:

Even Sakurai says that the gamecube is the most effective:
'I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.'

Its practically been designed for smash, and is the best controller ever created IMO, except for maybe the 360 controller

Back