College Basketball Thread

If our guys are shooting and playing as well as they did against Arizona, they can beat anyone. Their center, Jordan Hill, was all over the Mountaineers' Joe Alexander. We had other guys step up, and we won the game because of it. Never leave Alex Ruoff open on the perimeter. :lol:

I don't get why Bobby Knight is high on Pitt's BB team. They are playing VERY well right now, I'll give them that, but they have a history of 1) playing well in the league tourney and 2) exiting the NCAAs prior to the Elite 8. The Panthers have been in the NCAAs every year since 2002, and never made it past the Sweet 16. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat Michigan State tomorrow, but I'm not sure about (potentially) Memphis or Texas, and UCLA in the Final Four. To call that a tough stretch is an understatement, big time.

Yea I watched the end of that game, twas ridiculous and a great shot.

Duke screwed my bracket big time, choke-artists.

Oh it's been destroyed since day one, I didn't follow Mens College Basketball as much as I should have this year. Ugh... Whatever.

It's all about the UCLA BRUINS!!! WOOT!!!! were down by 10 and ended up winning by 4! WOOT!!!! Kevin Love is a beast at 6'10 and close to 250-260 pounds OMG no one can stop them! NO ONE!!!

Bruins need to keep their eye on the prize, and not go the way of Duke. Love is a force, but he needs support, as long as they continue to play as a team they should go far.

As a side note, I find it funny that you're in AZ rooting for UCLA.

woo I have a good chance of winning my pool this year. All my final 4 teams are still in. I'm in 3rd overall right now, but first and second each have at least one if not two of their final 4 teams knocked out.:ciappa:

On espn.com, America thinks all 1 seeds will be in the Final Four even though that has never happened.

I personally think it's going to be Kansas, UNC, Texas, and West Virginia. I would say UCLA but last night's game scared me, so I think they'll only make it to the Elite 8.

Davidson is the surprise Sweet 16 team... with Villanova and Western Kentucky they didn't have to play fantastic teams in both Round 1 and 2 like Davidson did. Can I say that Stephen Curry is the MVP of the tournament after Round 2?

Also, UNC WILL win. They dominated a solid Arkansas team by over 30 points.

CocoSSBB said:
Davidson is the surprise Sweet 16 team... with Villanova and Western Kentucky they didn't have to play fantastic teams in both Round 1 and 2 like Davidson did. Can I say that Stephen Curry is the MVP of the tournament after Round 2?

Also, UNC WILL win. They dominated a solid Arkansas team by over 30 points.
Davidson surprised a lot of people, but even bigger surprises are Nova and WKU, sure they didn't have to play a 2 seed in the 2nd round, but obviously the two 13 seeds they played were better than the higher ranked teams they beat, so... Is my point made? I'm just happy to see some lower seeds do well, since I really have no affiliation to one team or another, I just tend to root for CA teams, so I'm half-heartedly pulling for Stanford and UCLA to do well.

I do agree with you on UNC though, they're playing very good basketball right now.

WVU-Xavier should be entertaining. Xavier is a great team. I don't know anything about their style, but I hear that they don't have a strong inside presence. That pleases me. :smilewinkgrin:

I have UNC picked to win it all, because they're nasty. I had the Hoyas in the Final Four, but seeing them go down was great. It's not like my bracket could've been saved, anyways. It was shot on day 1. :lol:

blueovalboy7 said:
Davidson surprised a lot of people, but even bigger surprises are Nova and WKU, sure they didn't have to play a 2 seed in the 2nd round, but obviously the two 13 seeds they played were better than the higher ranked teams they beat, so... Is my point made? I'm just happy to see some lower seeds do well, since I really have no affiliation to one team or another, I just tend to root for CA teams, so I'm half-heartedly pulling for Stanford and UCLA to do well.

I do agree with you on UNC though, they're playing very good basketball right now.
Well Villanova isn't really a surprise for me anyway. I figured they would beat Clemson, and Vandy really isn't THAT great a team.

Western Kentucky and San Diego both surprised me in the first round though.

Get a Scholarship And Connect to a Career You’ll Love!

With so much of our time spent at work, we should all be happy with our chosen profession? We should all start living the life we have always dreamed of.
Connect with a school that offers the career training or degree you need to land that dream job here www.scholarship-aid.com

Back