College Basketball Thread

blueovalboy7

They call me Hammy!
May 23, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I figure since I haven't seen a thread for it and it's getting closer to March Madness I would make a thread dedicated to it.

Tonight, #5 Duke vs. #1 North Carolina should make for another exciting game, I am personally pulling for UNC.

North Carolina pulled off the win 76-68 over Duke. Hansbrough is a talent, 16 pts, 15 rebounds, and 7 blocks. Pretty impressive stat line for a college game.

Also UCLA has had two games essentially given to them, no way they should be #2, anyone else see the bogus foul called in the Stanford game and the non-call in the Cal game last night? Should be investigated.

We had a celebration this weekend. Pitt wins the Big East title and St Patrick's day is just around the corner.....There was drinking!

I'm pumped for tourney. Did you hear Knight picked Pitt to win? I mean yeah we played well in the Big East tourney, but no way we played well enough for someone to go saying that.

Fields is playing hot right now, I guess he shook off the rust from his lengthy absence. Your Panthers might be looking at Michigan State and Memphis right after another.

We'll will likely get Duke in the second round, which will be interesting. Who do you guys have in the Final Four? UCLA, Texas, UNC, Georgetown (although I wouldn't be surprised if the Hoyas lost along the way).

Ahh my final four is UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Texas. I have a feeling my bracket is going to be blown apart after the second round.

Heh, my bracket has taken a hit or two already. For some reason, I thought Georgia would have enough gas left in the tank to beat Xavier. The only game I'm going to watch, though, is played at 9:40 EST. That Duke/West Virginia game would be interesting.

Let's go Xavier!...They taken home the gold this year...we were allowed to make brackets for spanish class and if you win you get 2% points on the final grade...I'm so gonna win...

So far todays winners are:
Kansas def. Portland St. 85-61
UNLV def. Kent St. 71-58
Purdue def. Baylor 90-79
Xavier def. Georgia 73-61
Michigan St. def. Temple 72-61
Marquette def. Kentucky 74-66
Pittsburgh def. Oral Roberts 82-63

Stanford is currently beating Cornell 61-30 with 11:31 left in the 2nd half.

The second round matchups we have so far are:
(1) Kansas vs (8) UNLV
(3) Xavier vs (6) Purdue
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Michigan St.

Tonights matchups are:
(6) USC vs (11) Kansas St.
(2) Duke vs (15) Belmont
(4) Washington St. vs (13) Winthrop
(8) BYU vs (9) Texas A&M
(3) Wisconsin vs (14) Cal State Fullerton
(7) West Virginia vs (10) Arizona
(5) Notre Dame vs (12) George Mason
(1) UCLA vs (16) Mississippi Valley State

Hopefully it'll change Saturday when West Virginia beats Duke. That 'Zona game was pretty good.

I actually have them beating Duke.

For once in my life I'm pushing for WVU to win at something lol

P-I-T-T Let's go PITT!

Well my Midwest bracket got screwed with USC losing. I had them going to the elite 8.

West Virginia will beat Duke, I have almost no doubts. I mean for gods sake, Duke only won 71-70 over freaking Belmont.

Also, I would watch out for Siena today. They might be able to pull off an upset.

I'm willing to put money on the Belmont game was a fluke for Duke. (rhyming was not intentional)

Duke is way too good of a team to have two consecutive bad games, I expect them to come back strong like they always do.

Back