Component Video - Black and White

JWB

WiiChat Member
Sep 29, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Wii Online Code
9876-9876-5432-5432
I have two quick questions that I hope someone may have an answer to.

First - I just hooked up my new receiver to my temorary SD TV. I bought some after market component video cables, hooked them up and sound works fine, but the video is black and white. Any suggestions?

Second - In trying to trouble shoot the first problem I switched my settings to 480 HD and the screen went blue/blank. I am not able to see anything on my screen (ie- menus) to change it back to 480 SD. Any suggestions?

If I have to reset than I lose my wireless settings etc. right?

Your TV does not support 480p so turn of the HD mode. Does your TV have the RED GREEN BLUE connections shown? Make sure that your TV has that connection and that you have the TV set for component. There are a couple of SDTV that has that connection but it's not a true component input but just reverts it to S-Video quality but you'll have to let the TV know that your feeding it via component.

Thank you for the info. The T.V. does have component inputs and that is what I have the cables plugged into. I will have to re-look at the television settings. I had to set up my Wii on my HD T.V. to change back the Wii to 480SD.

Yes I did figure it out. The problem was with my receiver. I had purchased a new Denon 1910 and had not input the WII propertly. I also had a conversion problem with my PS3 which was TV/receiver related. Thank you very much for your help.

Back