Confused about saving games on the Wii

kbearmoney

WiiChat Member
Jun 18, 2007
I've been reading diff'nt threads and have gather bits of info that I can't put together.

Ok,
1. the wii has memory or storage space whatever, already added? yes or no
2. if yes, is it for dl'ing VC games, saving wii games, or both?
3. why do i need a SD card
4. what type do I need and where can I get it.
5. what are blocks and how many does it take to save a game
6. I have a Far Cry, and I can't save it when I'm finished, but I can w/ Trauma Center, why is that?

kbearmoney said:
I've been reading diff'nt threads and have gather bits of info that I can't put together.

Ok,
1. the wii has memory or storage space whatever, already added? yes or no
2. if yes, is it for dl'ing VC games, saving wii games, or both?
3. why do i need a SD card
4. what type do I need and where can I get it.
5. what are blocks and how many does it take to save a game
6. I have a Far Cry, and I can't save it when I'm finished, but I can w/ Trauma Center, why is that?

1. yes
2. both
3.so that u can take data to other wii's, photo channel, etc.
4. just any sd card, best buy, camera store, wal mart....
5. 3000 blocks, and it depends on the game. about an average of 20 blocks i'd say.
6. because far cry sucks.

and do ask if i didnt make anything clear, i am more than happy to help. if i did help, plz rep! :yesnod:

Thx 4 the info, i think i got it now. Except what size card do I need?

p.s. I like Far Cry, it reminds me of 007 TWINE a lil bit, which is the one of the best games I've ever played. I think that it would probably play better on a classic controller, but it's cool. Can I play it w/ the classic controller? Also, what's better than Far Cry w/ a 007 feel to it?

no, u cant play it on a classic controller. for sd card, it really doenst matter. 1 or 2 gig will do fine. and re4 is better then Far Cry w/ a 007 feel lol

I suggest searching ebay for the terms sandisk and SD then narrow the search with "Buy Now Only" and sort by price low to high.

You should be able to get a 2gb card for under 20$ shipped and its the same brand as the Nintendo one!

ciper said:
I suggest searching ebay for the terms sandisk and SD then narrow the search with "Buy Now Only" and sort by price low to high.

You should be able to get a 2gb card for under 20$ shipped and its the same brand as the Nintendo one!

I definitely back you up 100% on that, ebay is the best place to get SD cards. I worked at best buy and even with the discount, which is Cost+5%, it was still substantially cheaper to get them off of ebay. That's where i got my SD and MiniSD cards. I was very happy with how quickly they shipped as well.

Before I buy a SD card, are u saying that's it's only needed IF I want to play my games on other wiis or do photos?

TortillaChip520 said:
and if i helped,click my green mushroom!

Way to whore youself out there.

But Far Cry is a good game and a very well respected franchise. And Crysis is all you need to say about the developers.

Newbie here. I'm a father of a 12 year old that loves his Wii. I don't know much about the Wii yet, but here's the question: How do we transfer all the memory he has in the current Wii, to a new one I bought for him today? Is it a simple matter of buying a 2 gig SD card, saving everything on it and loading it on the new one?

Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

fastninja said:
Newbie here. I'm a father of a 12 year old that loves his Wii. I don't know much about the Wii yet, but here's the question: How do we transfer all the memory he has in the current Wii, to a new one I bought for him today? Is it a simple matter of buying a 2 gig SD card, saving everything on it and loading it on the new one?

Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.
You can transfer some items this way but not all.

Purchases made through the store for virtual console cannot be transfered
Miis must be moved using the Wiimote memory
A few save games are locked to the console so you wont be able to move them (elebits for example)

TortillaChip520 said:
yes. all you have to do is transfer the data from the wii hard drive onto the sd card.
I have a great idea! From now on lets play the "don't answer if I'm wrong" game. Its really fun.

Back