Connect to 5.1 decoder with component cables?

RoninPedoroshin

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
Portugal
Wii Online Code
6185-7652-2351-7722
Hey there,

I'm wondering if I can connect my Wii component cables to my TV and 5.1 Dolby Digital decoder at the same time? (dunno if it's Pro Logic II or not, but it does say Pro Logic in the small LCD display when I turn it on).

The cables just haven't got enough lenght for me to connect audio cables in decoder and video cables in TV!!

Since there's only 1 cable output in the Wii it's impossible for me to connect it to both TV and decoder! What do I need to do? :sad:

Do I connect video cables in the audio decoder??? It seems so for consoles like the 360 in this page.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes.

But I don't think the Wii carries 5.1 coding though... ...

Oh if it doesn't then I'm ok with the TV sound being sent to the decoder and on to the 2.1 speakers. So basically it only supports Pro Logic II for better audio quality but that's just it, no surround?

the wii does have surround sound.

i have my wii connected to the receiver with both video and audio.

Do they have extension cords for the audio cable? They might have some of those.

RoninPedoroshin,
Go to RadioShack (or similar) and buy a RCA stereo cable (red/white leads, male set on one end, female on the other) of 3-6 feet long. Connect the audio plugs from the Wii into the female side of the extension cable, then the male side into the receiver.

If you can't find a male/female cable, get a female/female 2 conductor adaptor and a male/male cable.

I actually do this with my Wii setup. Not to mention I have a "video/R/L" cable with female/female adaptor plugged into my TV's component3 port. That way my son can plug/unplug his 360 and I don't have to worry about him breaking the solder points on the TV's jacks. I've listened to tons of people say how crappy a signal will be if the cables are high quality, this and that, etc. They're mostly full of crap. There is no discernable difference between his 360 connected directly to my TV at 1080i and when we use my good old GE brand composite/stereo 3-lead cable as an extender.

Back