Connecting online

Kloud

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2008
I have been trying everything to get my wii online. I have a wii lan adaptor also. It does not connect wirelessly or wired. I have DSL service with cavilier and a zhone modem (Paradyne 6381). I'm connected to my wireless router a linksys and currently using the wireless connectivity for my laptop. I tried plugging my ethernet from my modem directly to my wii and such and still its a no go. I tried to see if maybe my modem needs to be configured but the ip address for the home page is 76.161.64.129 and nothing comes up. I tried restarting modem unplugging it blah blah blah. Same with router. But i get the same error codes. When its wireless i get error code 52130 and when its wired i get 52121. I tried everything and no luck maybe someone has same problems or maybe its just my isp isnt compatible with the wii. Anyone help me out? :wink:

You should focus on simply connecting the Wii to the Linksys router via the LAN adapter for the Wii. This is the simplest and most straightforward setup, so if you can get that to work then you can move on to wireless.

I am not surprised that connecting the modem directly to the Wii wouldn't work. Most DSL modems are configured to bridged/passthrough mode where the computer (or router) are expected to handle the PPPoE login.

You might want to try temporarily disabling your laptop's wireless and try using the laptop on the exact same network cable you're connecting to the Wii. That will tell you if it's the Wii or something with the cable/router.

Its a DSL and when i try connecting PPPoE and it doesnt connect at all its one of those bridge modems or whatever the paradyne 6381 it seems i dont need username and password to be connected online.

Right, if you're using a router (like your Linksys) you would not use PPPoE on your computer. the router or modem is already doing it (most likely the router).

Regardless, my advice for what to do next stands.

I tried turning wireless off completely. Still a no go says the error code for me to try restarting my modem or routers and such :(

So you get the error with wireless turned off on the laptop and while having the same network cable attached to the laptop that you were originally trying to use with the Wii?

If the answer is "yes", then the problem is with the router or the cable. Try a different cable in the same port on the router. Or try the same cable in a different port on the router. Your Wii isn't the problem.

Oh i know the wii isnt the problem i downloaded VC at friends house. I tried switching Ethernet ports and cords and still a no go. I think it has to do with my modem or something i cant figure it out. stupid Paradyne modems.

It's not your modem if your laptop works fine over the wireless link to your Linksys router, since you're using your modem in that scenario.

Back