Connecting sensor bar to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeron

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2008
Hey guys,

I want to connect my sensor bar to my computer, mostly because I want to play Counter Strike and other games with my Wiimote... :D (Alredy connected my Wiimote).

Now, as far as I understood the only way I can connect the sensor bar to my computer is thru my Wii. And to connect the Wii to my computer, I need a special USB made by Nintendo... is that correct? :|

Do I need to buy this special USB cable to connect my Wii to the PC, and if so, how much does it cost? Or is there another way to connect the sensor bar to the PC?

Thanks,
Tomeron.

The sensor bar is just a few infrared LEDs, it doesn't send or receive any actual data. So long as it's being powered it'll work fine. Just put your Wii somewhere near your PC, put the sensor bar on top of/underneath your monitor, and switch the Wii on to power the bar.

Well, it doesn't really work.

I must be missing something here - how come I can use the sensor bar in my computer without connecting it to my computer?

EDIT:

Oh, sorry, I was wrong - it works GREAT! :D Thanks for the tip ;)

Now, does anyone has a good script for FPS games? Most of those scripts are pretty hard to control...

Last edited:
I am, still most scripts are very hard to use...

I use HL2.PIE to play FPS games, it's ok but it's still very hard to aim. I had a score of 3-7 against easy computer in CSS XDDD

Is there any good way to put my sensor bar in the center of the screen without blocking the screen? Because when I put it over/under the screen it's just too hard to aim... (Note that I don't infrared lights nor will I get ones, I'm just too lazy to buy them and put them on my monitor XD)

Thanks again for helping me!
Tomeron.

easy sensor bar

you can easily just get some bright light from the sun or get a torch of some sort then point the :wiimote: at the light and it comes on (of course you have to connect it through blutooth):papermario::mushroomlife::yesnod:

threadlockedq.gif
Dont bump up already answered questions that are over a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back