Connecting Wii to internet???

Adamiki

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Hi,
I just got my wii and want to make SURE that all i have to do to commect to the internet is just to- Connect my wii through usb to my internet "box"???
is this true? I dont want to damage my wii.. Do I need something speial??
Please answer so i can begin my adventuers.
THANKS

Adamiki said:
Hi,
I just got my wii and want to make SURE that all i have to do to commect to the internet is just to- Connect my wii through usb to my internet "box"???
is this true? I dont want to damage my wii.. Do I need something speial??
Please answer so i can begin my adventuers.
THANKS

no, you can't just connect connect your Wii to your "internet box" unless
that internet box is a pc which has internet connectivity or it is a router
which has LAN USB ports (which i can't think of one in existance).

you have a few options available to consider:-

1. depending upon your type of broadband (ADSL or cable) your best option would be to purchase a "wireless" router which will allow the Wii to connect wirelessly to the internet without the need for a "host" pc to be switched on (see next option).

2. get a USB to ethernet LAN adaptor and connect the Wii to a "host" pc via the PC's ethernet port. this is very similar to Windows Internet Connections Sharing (ICS).

3. buy a Nintendo or Datel Wifi USB dongle. this allows the Wii to connect wirelessly to a "host" PC to allow for internet connectivity. it's very much like option 2, but obviously, minus wires.

personally, and there will be a few here to back me up, i would go for the wireless router option. for a few more $/£ you have a device which will allow all of your pc / laptop / consoles to connect to the internet with the minumum of fuss.

do you got a "internet box" it kinda sounds like you got a wirless router with a usb adapter...or you got a regular router and trying to hook a usb to it if so they alredy got you coverd

Back