Controllers waste of money?

survivorz21888

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
I'm new here, yes, and I just had a question that I havent been able to find the answer to here or on google, etc. I am asking for the Wii for Christmas, and in order to get the ultimate experience, I asked for 3 extra controllers, and 3 extra Nunchuk add-ons, so I can have 4 people play at the same time. Would I be better off just asking for 4 Classic Controllers, so we can all engage in classic gameplay and GameCube games? I do own a GameCube so I have four of those controllers already. I'm just waaaay confused about the controller situation. Will one of the new crazy remote controllers be enough? HELP!

Nah man I think getting four wiimotes and four nunchucks is a good idea. I'm not gunna get a classic controller at all. You can't even use the classic controllers on the gamecube, only gamecube controllers and when it comes to the "virtual console" games, just use the gamecube controllers then too. You got a good plan there. And Welcome

I wish i could afford 3 extra remotes and nunchucks....sadly, i can only get 1 extra remote....without the nunchuck! :(

I dont even have enough money to get the Wii , and Survivorz I doubt your Mom and Dad will spend over $300 for Christmas.

Yea, that sounds like a great plan. But you know, 3 remotes and 3 Nunchuk add-ons is a lot of money... a total of $180 and at least $190 with taxes. Good luck!

I'm just gonna erase this because I didn't like how it sounded. :nonod:

Last edited:
Getting 4-wiimotes would be priority. Not alot of games right now use the nun-chuck. Then add the nun-chucks on later as needed. If you have gamecube controllers you are set for both gamecube and VC games. I plan on just getting one classic controller just for the fun of it; there might be a future time I get more of these but only if game developers make some games specifically for it.

I wouldnt be so hasty at getting them all at once unless you can really afford it.
Me im gonna just have the one then buy wii play(game) which comes with a controller so i will have 2.

csiguy4u said:
You really do need to get two wiimotes when you buy your Wii. . .Wii Sports is way funner with 2 people.

Yea, I totally agree. I played the Wii at my friends house. He had 2 remotes but only 1 Nunchuk. I was really looking forward to boxing with 2 player but we could only take turns doing 1 player.

Well, as you can plug the GameCube controllers on the wii, and play Gamecube games, you may go and buy those 3 wiimotes and nunchuck, and if you wanna play gamecube games in a 4 player mode, as SSBM, then the best thing is buying the 3 wiimotes + 3 nunchucks and stay with the GC games

wiicanchangetheworld said:
I dont even have enough money to get the Wii , and Survivorz I doubt your Mom and Dad will spend over $300 for Christmas.

Heh guess i'm lucky then since this year im cutting it close to 600dollars in xbox games and the 360 itself for christmas.

Back