Converting Japanese Wii To English?!

Rich Quy

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
Guys

Very first post. Have bought a Japanese Wii - is there anyway in which I can convert it to play English games (and see English language?!).

If so, whereabouts can this be done and approx. how much?

Thanks

I dont know much about mod chips and such but i think its a freeloader u need (im probably wrong) try googling freeloader for wii see what comes up

problem is the nintendo firmware updates have been screwing with peoples modded wii , I think freeloaders are legal though , but like i say i dont really know what im talkin about ha ha

oh ...welcome to wiichat

Well I didn't...anymore helpful suggestions?

It used to be straight forward to convert consoles from memory, hence didn't worry too much with the Wii - having read a little now it seems things have changed.

Japanese and American Wii consoles are NTSC standard, so they will only play NTSC games, whereas Europe is PAL standard, so European Wii consoles can only play PAL games.
Unless you have a mod-chip installed, you cannot play European games, but modding your Wii will definitely void your warranty.

^^ Spot on, Unless you mod your console you wont be able to play PAL games on an NTSC system.

Back