couple questions???

bw1128

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
1. does the wii have any kind of hard drive, if not is the memory card the only option for saving?
2. does it come with or are there hd cables or hdmi cables for the wii?
3. how does the wii look on a hd tv 1080i 50"+?
4. the sports game that come with it looks awsome but how long is it really? will it get old fast?
5. i have a 360 that i have put a lot of money into, but honestly how does the wii compare to the 360 in graphics and game play?
6. and last i have a girlfriend who hates video games but she actually is interested in this system, do most girls like this system and is easy to use?

thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
bw1128 said:
1. does the wii have any kind of hard drive, if not is the memory card the only option for saving?
4. the sports game that come with it looks awsome but how long is it really? will it get old fast?
5. i have a 360 that i have put a lot of money into, but honestly how does the wii compare to the 360 in graphics and game play?
6. and last i have a girlfriend who has video games but she actually is interested in this system, do most girls like this system and is easy to use?

thanks in advance!!!

1. it has a 512mb hard drive
2. it doesn't come with anything but the regular component cables and i dont know the answer to the 2nd part
3. dont know
4. it's awesome, i still play it and i've had the system for a month
5. it's nowhere near as good as the 360 in graphics, but better gameplay in my opinoin
6. chicks dig wii.

1. It comes with 512MB of Internal Memory, but no HD. The Memory Card Slot is a SD Card Reader. You can backup your saved game files and virtual console games to the card. However, you cannot save DIRECTLY to the SD card while playing the game.

2. No. The WII is not HD.

3. No idea. Maybe somebody else can answer this.

4. Personal taste. I have played it with a friend. It gets old quick in my book. Buy Zelda.

5. Game play is what you make of it. I think the Wii is much more involved and engaging. The graphics on the 360 are better.

6. interested in this system, do most girls like this system and is easy to use?
No idea. It is easy to use.

bw1128 said:
so is 512mb large enough to save games on?

512 mb = over 2000 blocks...and Zelda took up 1 block, and that game is freaking massive.

bw1128 said:
6. and last i have a girlfriend who has video games but she actually is interested in this system, do most girls like this system and is easy to use?

thanks in advance!!!

1. Yes, 512MB
2. Don't know
3. Brilliant
4. It got kinda old once I played it for an hour at the Wii stand at the mall
5. worse grphics than 360....but better gameplay
6. trust me....EVERYONE likes the Wii

opps i meant to say that my girlfriend hates video games, and really hates it when i spend several hours playing. but i want the wii and i hope she will get it into it too.

bw1128 said:
opps i meant to say that my girlfriend hates video games, and really hates it when i spend several hours playing. but i want the wii and i hope she will get it into it too.

I think anyone will like Wii.

Fun Fact: My mom's friend's twin daughters have been playing my GTA San Andreas since they were 3. they are still 3. Amazing, isn't it?

then what do you need the memory card for?

also for anyone who has d/l the retro games how much do they run???

My gf loves playing video games with me, lucky i guess, at first she just liked party and platformers (mario party, spyro etc.) but i got her into racing a little bit (arcade she hates simulations coz of brakeing lol) and 1 day i asked her if she minded me playing a fps (UT2004/Quake) online against my brother. after a couple of rounds she aked if she could play i was shocked :yikes: so i et her get on and she kicked their ass i almost fell off my chair coz it was the first fps she has ever played. Now she plays anything with me Fighting,Racing,Arcade,FPS etc. and loves it. I just feel lucky to have found a girl who loves videogames as much as i do, it gets so competitive it's awesome and that was just on the gamecube the wii is just gonna be nuts, she's just excited as me about getting the wii and plans to "kick my a**) lol knowing her she probably will half the time (we're pretty equal in skill) and i reckon the wii will bring us even closer together. and before someone flames me for us being geeks yes we do have better stuff to do at night ;) lol anyway yes the wii will be a great idea and your gf should love it, maybe you can get her seriously into video games and she'll kick your butt lolz

Last edited:
retro games are between 500 and 2000 wii points, memory card is for gamecube saves (get a 128mb card they rock over 1000 blocks) sd card you can put anything on (check other threads)

bw1128 said:

no memory cards SD cards, more room to download VC games i guess.
but there is a slot for NGC memory cards

bw1128 said:

you can store music ,photos and movies if you want too and view them on the wii. i played some videos on my wii from the sd card some came out great some didnt. like my sons favorite dbz episode where goku goes super sayain for the first time that came out shity cause of the orignal format that i had was already shity on the other hand super man returns came out good lol

Back