DDR pad not working

CalvryMike

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
I can't get my DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) pad to work. The 1st one wouldn't work. I returned it and got another one, but it won't work either. I plugged it into the classic controller plug on the side of the Wii when it's off. But, no response at all. I've also tried all 4 ports. The remotes work, but the pad won't. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

What happens if you plug in a gamecube controller into the port?

Dr. Mom

I don't have a gamecube controller to test the port with.

The pad doesn't respond at all, except for one rare instance where the 'A' on the pad does work. Whevever the games says to press 'A', the pad will not respond at all. I have to use the hand remote. But the very last screen before it goes into the dance, the 'A' works there. On only that one screen.
I get no other responses from any of the pad keys.

Someone suggested that I should try to upgrade the firmware on the Wii. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

TIA

If it's not an official Konami GameCube/Wii Dance Pad, you'll have problems. I bought a universal one and the keys would stick before the game would start. You had to use the remote to get to the start and then you could use the arrows.

It is the official Konami Wii Dance pad. I just did the firmware update on the will and the pad still does not work.

I can't find a gamecube controller to test the ports with. My friend has a will and that's my next step. To see if I can get the pad to work on his wii. After that I'm completely lost.

I've talked to Konami support they're completely worthless!!! If anyone has any ideas I would totally apprreciate it!!!!!!!!

I am new to this too and it took me forever to get it working. What I noticed was that player 1 options had the hand controller but player 4 had the pad. I turned the wii off and moved the pad from the slot it was on to the one on the other corner (assuming that the slot I was using was player 4 so the opposite end would be player 1). It worked. Now player 1 options have both the hand controller and the pad. Sorry I can't explain it better... Hope it works for you. Merry Christmas!

DDR Pad Problems

Can anyone help? Our pad works until you have to choose a player and then it no longer works. What are we doing wrong?

Konami pad bundled with ddr3 doesn't work

I've tried to connect a Konami-Wii pad bundled with DDR3 and it doesn't work. I've connected the pad into player 1 gamecube port when off. When I turn on the wii and select ddr3, the pad does not work at all. Wiimote and balance board work fine. If i try to push the pad connector into the gamecube slot in more (whether powered on or off), the game cube goes completely off (power light is completely off, not yellow and not green). It won't power on or reset until I pull the power cord and plug it back in.

I'm taking the pad back to the store. I'm assuming its defective. Any other thoughts?

Hi!
I have the same problem, but it's not and official dance pad. Nevertheless it works with DDR Mario, but no with DDR 3 and 5. What can i do? What could be the problem?

Back