Did the Wii save Nintendo?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Ok now we have to be honest Nintendo fans we all know that the Gamcube was not as good as the Xbox or PS2. Sorry its true the gamecube had about 10 great games and alot of good ones but only games like Zelda, MarioKart and Super Smash are remembered from this system. But after 5 years of a really boring system we know have (from most gamers view) the best system of this generation While some Xbox fan boys will say we'll we have Halo 2, Gears of War and Call of Duty 2/3.
Nintendo has Zelda (voted on many sites as game of the year) along with games like DBZ, Rayman, Wario Ware, Trauma Center and Elebits. Plus with Wii play right around the corner for us in the USA the WIi has a great library of games for only being out for 4 months.
And thats not all we also have small extras like the News Channel, Weather channel, and Picture Channel. Also the Virtual Console with great games like Mario 64, Mario Kart, Zelda, Zelda Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Gunstar Heroes and over 50 other games to choose from.
Plus with Wii cade you have over like 50 games to play FOR FREE.

And thats just what the Wii has now if you knew what Nintendo has in plan for us in the next year it would destroy the Ps3 into pieces.

First off we know games like Star Fox 64 and Mario RPG will be coming out in the next year (plus tons of other great VC games)

Next we have the Demo channel hopefully hitting us by the Summer, with both Demo's of Wii games and DS games. Plus the full version of the internet channel will be coming out soon.

Now next onto the games
This month we have
1) Wii Play
2) Sonic and the Secret Rings
3) SSX Blur

In March we have
1) Mario Party 8
2) Prince of Persia Rival Swords

In April we'll have
1)Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
2)Super Paper Mario

In May we have
1) Dragon Quest (rumored)

In June we have
1) Project Hammer
2) Fire Emblem

These game will be out in the summer sometime
1) Pokémon Battle Revolution
2) Mertiod Prime 3
3) Mario Strikers 2

Also we have games that we dint know when they'll be out but there be out by the end of the year
1) DK Bongo Blast
2) Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3) Super Mario Galaxy
4) Wii Music
5) Battalion Wars 2
Plus other 3rd party games like Manhunt and Spiderman 3 and more!

Also this year we'll see at least 4 games go online for FREE!

And thats just of things we know of that are coming to the Wii this year who knows what else could be coming to the Wii this year.

Lastly if you think OMG Nintendo is wasting all of its goo games this year your wrong, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Harvest Moon, Kirby, Resident Evil, Guitar Hero and DDR are coming out next year (2008) and A rumored Zelda game should be out in late 2009 and by 2009 I'll beat we'll see Mario Golf and Mario Tennis out. And we'll also by 2009 see a Star Wars game. Plus who knows what other channels and updates Nintendo will give us by 09!

So I think the Wii has saved Nintendo for the next couple years BUT after about 4 years Nintendo needs to start looking into making a new system OR add a new Hard dive to your Wii to add more memory and Better Graphics's. But for now sit back and get ready for Nintendo at its best making about 10 great games in the next year and hopefully more great games after that.

uhhhhhhh to sum all that up yes the wii kinda saved nintendo... but they should of stayed wit the original name which was revolution =/

yes wow !! nice post there

you've missed a couple of games, like no more heros, gofather etc (unless ive just been an idiot and that fits in the 3rd party games )

just a question.....whens this wii cade out ? and what sort of games will we see on it ?

Yellow_Wii said:

you've missed a couple of games, like no more heros, gofather etc (unless ive just been an idiot and that fits in the 3rd party games )

just a question.....whens this wii cade out ? and what sort of games will we see on it ?
Wiicade is out NOW and for FREE you can play the games on Your Wii or Computer ad there are many different types of games for it plus its free.
http://www.wiicade.com/Home.aspx
^Check it out^

Yellow_Wii said:

. . . the wii came out either 2006 or 2007 january i dont know im not a nerd.
and the sort of games will come out that ive seen is dbz tenchiki 2, cars, etc
and yes you where a jackass for a lil bit

Wolf. said:
. . . the wii came out either 2006 or 2007 january i dont know im not a nerd.
and the sort of games will come out that ive seen is dbz tenchiki 2, cars, etc
and yes you where a jackass for a lil bit
no he was asking about the WII CADE. Which is a Web site that lets you play games on your Wii's internet Browser. It now offers over 50 games for FREE and more will be added as time goes on.
http://www.wiicade.com/Home.aspx

Wolf. said:
wii is for dsl / comcast only right?
After looking it up I think you do need at least a broadband connection and a router or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Last edited:
I don't think the wii saved nintendo but it definetly boosted its mainstream popularity. Nintendo makes a profit on every unit sold and yes this even includes the cube. So to say the wii saved nintendo from going out of business would be wrong. Sony and Microsoft have always made money out of peripherals and games(and xboxlive)but every console unit they sell they make a loss on due to the extra hardware its plied with. Also there were loads of good games out for the gamecube. The Gamecube was a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JerrodDRagon said:
Ok now we have to be honest Nintendo fans we all know that the Gamcube was not as good as the Xbox or PS2.QUOTE]

Gamecube was "honestly" my favourite system and I think most people on this site would agree. Resident Evil, Metroid, Zelda, F Zero, Waverace, it has the best exclusives. The Wii didn't save Nintendo, The DS is a money maker and the Gamecube didn't do great, but didn't flop either. The Wii is a smart move, and I think it is more popular than Nintendo expected, now they have to think fast to keep it this popular.

The Wii just boosted Nintendo's profits and thus we will see even better things from the company, but Nintendo has some many succesful franchises and other genral income(handheld superiority) that I don't think they ever lost any money anyway....

yes, the Wii saved Nintendo in some way. Even though Nintendo wasn't in real danger, thanks to the NDS. Back from multimediamonsters to the spirit of gaming. Wii FTW

just so you know, companies like nintendo, sony and microsoft, begin making/creating their NEXT gen console from now.

As soon as they release their consoles, they begin working on the next one.

Back