Disk changer

or you should have a games console with 1000, slots in it, and games are stored onto mini hard drives, and insertied into these slots, so you can have 1000 in your console ata nay time and flick through them when you want to.

would also extend life of console becasu disc reader adds to about half the consoles heat, so it would rarely over heat

yungblood6 said:
not really because sony is already giving that option with some of their games like warhawk, and wipeout hd. How many gigs of space do you think is on a standerd double layer disk that the wii and 360 are currently using?
Ok i did the math its 4.7gigs on a dvd double layer disk, the wii hasn't reach that capacity yet

Actually a dual layer DVD holds 8.5 gigs, and according to mod websites, the wii can't indefinitely read DL DVD's without proper adjustment. Means obviously no games will exceed 4.7 for wii.

But anyway, the whole download your games thing won't be mainstream until broadband internet is mainstream enough. Where I live, all i can get is dsl, and I'm about as far from the central hub as you can be while still receiving service (slooowww). There are still too many in my situation for them to invest in that option.

I don't see the need for one.
Especially if you find a game you really like, and continue to play it regularly.

Changing discs isn't a real pain anyways.
Stop being lazy :lol:

yungblood6 said:
didnt you read i get lazy from times, and i don't play video games to lose weight im sorry i didn't fall into that wii phase. ill go workout at a gym and diet if i want to lose weight., not to particular on losing weight with a super strong right arm from all the swinging ill be doing. At least a two or 3 disk changer would suffice. But i like the downloading because you don't have to worry about disk issues or eye reading, dust, download times would make it the only down side but download times in games would increase speed.

What the hell is eye reading?

anthonybest1 said:
someone should mod a wii 360 and a ps3 together so there one gaming console but i like the disk changer

Bad thing about this is ventilation, the XBOX 360 needs to have a clear space around it or it will overheat (melting the other consoles :lol: )

And by the way, I think a disk changer would take up too much space. Look at the sizes of the diskchangers in stereo systems.

It would be awesome using the Wii interface. Perhaps triple the thickness of the Wii and allow for 5 disc's to be stored at once. Then each disc would appear as a seperate channel, and you could jus pick which game or movie you felt like playing at the time. It'd be great for quickly showing off a few games to mate's without having to pull each one out and put the other back. The cost would be quite massive, and disc stackers are generally fairly unreliable.
But this idea coupled with a HDD? I think we are onto something. ;)

Back