do u have ur wii horizotal or vertical?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
do u have ur wii horizotal or vertical? some1 told e its bad to have it stand up,it scratches the disk. mine stands up. should ihve it ly down?

I have my Wii vertically, because that's the best way it fits below my TV.

I had it horizontally sitting on top of the Xbox 360, but with Wii Connect, the Wii plus the Xbox 360 got REALLY hot where they made contact.

The Wii sits vertically. It has a slot loading drive, so disc scratching shouldn't be an issue. It should be no different than a computer with a slot loading drive, sitting vertically.

Vertical because I wanted to use the stand.

OH! By the way did anyone else forget about the clear plate for the base of the stand? I never seen it when I was setting it up. It was only when reading through the manual I realised it was included.

ok good!

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Vertical because I wanted to use the stand.

OH! By the way did anyone else forget about the clear plate for the base of the stand? I never seen it when I was setting it up. It was only when reading through the manual I realised it was included.

wut plate? i just got a stand? unless i didnt notice it and its still in the box

Yes I noticed that clear disc also and I use it. I think nintendo noticed the unstableness of the console so they mad the disk to make it more stable.

Where I have my Wii (right next to the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive) there isn't enough vertical clearance to use the stand or the plastic disc, and use Gamecube controllers at the same time. If anyone does this, be careful. I've "smashmywii.com'd" my Wii, figuratively speaking (it fell over) a couple of times while playing Gamecube games with the wired controller with it like that.

The Wii thankfully is ok, and doesn't seem to have taken any damage from it either time. It scared the hell out of me though.

I wanted it right on top of my xbox 360 because it looked real good, but it gets to hot so I have it horizontal on the side of the tv. ( Still looks sexy though )

to warn you...if your console is vertical and your paying a game then you decide to make it horizontal and move it..then it scratches the disk really bad!

Wiitime said:
do u have ur wii horizotal or vertical? some1 told e its bad to have it stand up,it scratches the disk. mine stands up. should ihve it ly down?
i added you!

Vertical Wii. Strangely enough, when I put my first PS2 vertically, the drive began to make strange noises and it went kaput within an couple months.

Back