do you have a 360?

do/did/will you have a 360?

• Total voters
Ezekiel86 said:
Nintendo does have an online service, in the form of NintendoWiFi. Both the good and bad part of this is that it is a proprietary service, and thus has deviated significantly from alot of the established conventions of online gaming (logging on does not take you directly to a list of servers, players can be selectively connected with through the "friend code" function, and the games are played with a relatively low number of players as opposed to alot of other online multiplayer games).

If Nintendo could adopt a some more conventional approaches towards the modelling of their online services, while still keeping it fast and free, it could prove to be wildly successful (as well as adequate punishment for the dishonourable disconnectors).

No offense man, but friend codes aren't exactly good integration. They are more of a pain in the ass. On my XBox 360, I give someone my gamer tag, they add me to their friends list and they can not only see what game I am playing, but they can send me a text message and chat with me at any time not matter what game I am in... now THAT is true online integration.

ABC said:
No offense man, but friend codes aren't exactly good integration. They are more of a pain in the ass. On my XBox 360, I give someone my gamer tag, they add me to their friends list and they can not only see what game I am playing, but they can send me a text message and chat with me at any time not matter what game I am in... now THAT is true online integration.

To be honest, I didn't really like the idea of Friend Codes. They seemed like more of an obstacle in the way of user interaction rather than something bringing us together. Instead they should have something like gamer tags (I'm just going on what you said, as personally I haven't played xbox live, even though it looks oh, so good :D ) but if people are being asses or cheap or whatever you can flag them or block them or something. That would be great.

Dude, XBox Live was truly a a gaming milestone. When it first launched on the original XBox I couldn't believe how well Microsoft pulled it off.

I heard it was definitely one of the best points of the original Xbox. I had a friend who loved Xbox live, and I think i can see why. The best part of consoles online is that noone really has a huge advantage with a more powerful comp or stuff like that.

If only the GameCube had a properly developed online gaming function (the currently available broadband adaptors are expensive and very hard to find) not to mention that there are fewer than half a dozen online GameCube games.

Xbox Live seems to be the function that really put life into Xbox

^^It's also the best part about the 360. I was totally disappointed in the 360 until I discovered the joys of live!! There's nothing better than pwning dudes in other states!! Plus, I've made some pretty good "friends", ABC is one of them. Not to mention the demos and just the whole package is what, IMO, is gonna put MS in the front of the line for consoles for a very long time!!!

The 360 is definitely the way to go. I know the wiimote is cool and all but, IMO, Live is the greatest innovation in console gaming since...well, Mario!!

^What he said. I made some pretty cool online friends from Live. I even drove to Philadelphia to meet a girl I talked to on Live. Good times.

mikewill57 said:
^^For real?!?! Did you get sum? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! She was probably a beastazoid!!! What time you gonna be on today fool??

Yes for real, and she was an extremely cute red-head. And hell yeah I got some. I stayed at her place for 3 days. Good times. Unfortunately, no, I won't be on today because I am at work until tonight then have to be back tomorrow morning.

mikewill57 said:
^^Yeah...that's how I know you're gay. You WORK TOO DAMNED MUCH!!!!

LoL I never knew work and gay corresponded. Haha. But, I gotta work my way up the ladder here in NYC. I am finally getting my first full-time gig. WooT WooT.

:lol: :lol: Dude you were actually doing really good at GoW last night! I was like damn, the one time he is doing awesome, he leaves!

Back