do you use your wii as a computer?

TennisLord said:
I watch movies and listen to music on it. I used to use it to post on nsider before nintendo killed it.

nsider, man i miss that
but i sure am glad i found this site!

oh, and i'm using my wii right now! :lol:

You have to use a computer or whatever to copy movies to the SD Card. Actually, my Canon digital camera (A5## series) records movies which play perfectly on the Wii with all my other pictures- they're recorded in .AVI format.

Since the Wii doesn't support .pdf or save/download files, I use it right now only for checking hotmail if I'm too lazy to open up the laptop. I do like that it could be used for more in an emergency (ie my 2 computers break.)

So right now I have 2x Canon cameras (an A520 and an A530) with 1gb cards for each, and a 256mb card that is just for the Wii- backups or whatever.

I have a Sandisk MP3 player (C2## series) in the mail right now which uses Micro SD cards and also plays video. Micro SD cards usually come with an adapter to fit into SD slots, so (later on) I might have to get one of those to pile mp3s and movies onto and use it on both the mp3 player and the Wii...

Back