Donkey Kong Country Trilogy Appreciation Thread

christicehurst

Gaming Legend
Nov 4, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Wii Online Code
2188-6506-5465-4428
Often overlooked in naming Nintendo's greatest games in history. The Donkey Kong Country trilogy helped float the SNES and extend it's life by breaking the 16 bit barrior with it's N64 like graphics. People think Nintendo has never been on top of graphics on their consoles but DKC showed them up with it's own wow power.

The games were simple to play and brough alot of joy for many gamers. This Appreciation thread is to remember these games and remember what possibly maybe the greatest trilogy that Nintendo in that era and beyoud.

Share your thoughts and memories!

DKC 1 was my first game for SNES. I was impressed by the GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY, which seems unheard of in this day and age. The DKC series was hands down the best looking set of games on SNES. Back in the day, the "Silicon Graphics" engine was the ish.

I've only played a little bit of part 2, although I did beat the original and part 3. When I was a younging, I was so happy when I finally beat K. Rool as the credits started rolling, he then just rises up and whoops my ass...great memories.

I think Donkey Kong 2: Diddy Kong Quest. Was the best SNES game ever!

I also remember as a youngling, jumping up and down dodging those energy balls that K rool shot at my ass. I remember jumping in the air after i completed it, and running around the house saying horay horay!! Then..i fell down the stairs and broke my arm....Memories..

haha, and i thought i was the only one who thought DKC series were some of the greatest games ever made,

for me personally, DKC2 and DKC3 are in my top 5 games of all-time, it's a shame we'll never see them on the VC.. the gameplay was amazing, the levels were fun, i own the SNES and the GBA versions and i've played them to death, i remember watching my cousins play the DKC series when i was younger.. then i got into it, and now it's become one of my favorite series.

Donkey Kong trilogy made Rare who they are today, okay I'm sure goldeneye and perfect dark also helped but back in the day...come back to us Rare.

Back