Dreamcast

E7ernal

Error Getting Statistics
Sep 18, 2006
London, UK
It appears that noone else has mentioned this but wouldn't it be great if Dreamcast popped up in the Virtual Console? Not too sure if the Wii coul emulate it smoothly but if Nintendo bothered porting games properly then it would rock! :ihih:

It would be nice but most of the dreamcast games have been released on other consoles

Not to mention that Nintendo most likely has to pay royalties and rights to use other systems like Sega and Turbographix 16 on the Wii. Having more would mean they would have to also pay more of that, and possibliy raise prices.

Not to mention, it also depends on hardware too. who knows, if the hardware can support it, maybe someday they'll release other consoles through wii ware. I doubt it though.

If Nintendo unlocks DVD features on the Wii (somehow), then DC, Sega Saturn games working on the Wii would also be a future possibility. Personally I think it can be done. But it would allow the original CD format only.

E7ernal said:
It appears that noone else has mentioned this but wouldn't it be great if Dreamcast popped up in the Virtual Console? Not too sure if the Wii coul emulate it smoothly but if Nintendo bothered porting games properly then it would rock! :ihih:

I Started a Thread Here about other Consoles people would like to see for VC

xbandaidx said:
Not to mention that Nintendo most likely has to pay royalties and rights to use other systems like Sega and Turbographix 16 on the Wii. Having more would mean they would have to also pay more of that, and possibliy raise prices.

Not to mention, it also depends on hardware too. who knows, if the hardware can support it, maybe someday they'll release other consoles through wii ware. I doubt it though.

I believe Nintendo Pays only for the Name for the system once.

All the titles are produced in Wii Rom format by the original producer (if they are still around) since Sega is still available and Nintendo is already licensed for Genesis it make me wonder if Nintendi hasn't already thought of this.

I doubt hardware is an issue Wii is more than double the system the Dream Cast is/was making Dreamcast available for VC is only limited by two real factors(licensing not one of them):
1. Dream Cast ran Windows CE which is easy enough to Emulate if the IBM CPU is up to the task
2. Downloading titles would be very time consuming as Dream Cast used GD-Rom (1 GB Disc's) even one Dream Cast title is double Wii's Internal Flash Memory.

Don't Get me wrong I would love to see DC on VC but Nintendo has to one get more of what they already have out (NES,SNES,N64,Gensis,TG-16) and they also need to expand and improve Wii's Storage options (external USB Hard Drive would be nice and having Data on that Drive Immediately available as a Channel would be necessary for games like Sega CD (if they decide to add it) and Dreamcast/Saturn Games

Last edited:
They whouldnt be able to make it read the discs and why wholud they bother
More mony just to make you download it

thats not a bad idea.... nintendo should think about it..

and for paying royalties... they could make a deal w/ em that they would get a certain amount of money from each transaction....

i know there were a couple.....

Power stones 1 and 2
Soul Calibar
Rayman 2
Sonic
Virtua Tennis
Quake III arena
Unreal Tournament

E7ernal said:
Still, shenmue would be nice

Hell yes.

Shenmue 1/2
Power Stone 1/2
Soul Calibur
Jet Grind(SET) Radio
Sonic Adventure
Phantasy Star Online
Unreal Tournament
Quake III Arena
Virtua Tennis
Crazy Taxi
House of the Dead 2(with WiiRemote compatibility <3)
Dead or Alive 2
Rayman 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia 2
Sega GT
Chu Chu Rocket
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Fur Fighters
Samba de Amigo
Seaman

Hell ****ing yes.

I dont think the Wii will have Dreamcast but I think they'll just wait and put those games on the Next Nintendo console. That would be the smartest move seeing how they already have over 5 systems with over 100 games on each system.
Hopefully the next system will allow you to download Gameboy games, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega CD and maybe another system.

Back