DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164

Another version of the DS
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7952&Itemid=59
Nintendo has already finished work on its successor to the DS Lite, claims Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson.
ds_silver.jpg
Released in Japan in March 2006, Nintendo’s redesigned DS handheld, the DS Lite, has regularly topped hardware sales charts on a global basis. In spite of this, Wilson says Nintendo already has its successor ready to go when the time is right, reports GameSpot.

"Our contacts indicate that a refreshed DS is complete," said Wilson in an investors note. "It is thinner (it has no GBA port), has on-board storage, and larger screens.”

However, acknowledging the sales success Nintendo is currently enjoying, Wilson said he doesn't expect the firm to launch any revised hardware until existing models suffer a notable drop in sell through in the major markets.

“… We do not expect a revamped Wii or DS until sales begin to tail off in all three major geographies."

No GBA port ?
What about the things that can be put in there

Darkprinny said:
What about the things that can be put in there

If you mean flashcartridges, the R4 is the best one and goes directly into the DS port.

I'm glad they aren't releasing it yet. There is no point in competing against themselves unless the DS lites are no longer selling well.

uhhh this is weird news for me, i was right about to buy one, but the sec i saw this thread i thought
ahh nvm i'll just wait until this one comes out" but it has no GBA port...so screw that

Here it is. The Nintendo TS (tri-screen)

nintendotstj8.jpg

(to those without the cranial fortitude, this was made by me :lol: )

WTF I am planning to get a DS Lite.

I'm confused, Is this the next handheld, or the next version of the DS, please answer.

If it is the next version of the DS bigger screens would mean crappier graphics. :wtf:

JAKE196 said:
WTF I am planning to get a DS Lite.

I'm confused, Is this the next handheld, or the next version of the DS, please answer.

If it is the next version of the DS bigger screens would mean crappier graphics. :wtf:

No. If it made the graphics crapper they would have to employ some kind of function to increase the graphics virtually.

The graphics would appear better or identical, but not worse

FRuMMaGe said:
No. If it made the graphics crapper they would have to employ some kind of function to increase the graphics virtually.

The graphics would appear better or identical, but not worse
so. . . . are they gonna create games w/ better graphics only for this system? If not bigger screens = crappier graphcs.

Unless they don't use the entire screen. . . but still if the screen has more pixels and developers make games in that format they would not be playable on the ds lite. . .

JAKE196 said:
so. . . . are they gonna create games w/ better graphics only for this system? If not bigger screens = crappier graphcs.

Unless they don't use the entire screen. . . but still if the screen has more pixels and developers make games in that format they would not be playable on the ds lite. . .

They won't make games exclusively for this one, because then it would simply be a new console with backwards compatibility.

I don't know how they would handle a bigger screen, but I assume they would employ some kind of features to it.

FRuMMaGe said:
They won't make games exclusively for this one, because then it would simply be a new console with backwards compatibility.

I don't know how they would handle a bigger screen, but I assume they would employ some kind of features to it.
If they don't develop seprate games for it bigger screens = crappier graphics. They might be able to do some techno mumbo-jumbo to make it look o.k. but you would still notice the difference.

hmm. . . what they could do would be create a format that ran more pixels on a bigger screen, but a standard amount of pixels on a normal ds, but I'm not even sure thats possible. -_-'

3 versions of one console. . . .

JAKE196 said:
If they don't develop seprate games for it bigger screens = crappier graphics. They might be able to do some techno mumbo-jumbo to make it look o.k. but you would still notice the difference.

hmm. . . what they could do would be create a format that ran more pixels on a bigger screen, but a standard amount of pixels on a normal ds, but I'm not even sure thats possible. -_-'

3 versions of one console. . . .

I know what you are saying, but you misunderstand me.

I do understand that bigger screen + same resolution = crappygraphics.

However, some emulators employ special features to make ps1 and n64 games look good on computer monitors. Nintendo would be able to do the same.

FRuMMaGe said:
I know what you are saying, but you misunderstand me.

I do understand that bigger screen + same resolution = crappygraphics.

However, some emulators employ special features to make ps1 and n64 games look good on computer monitors. Nintendo would be able to do the same.
well ok then. . .

should i wait for this one or get a lite. -_-'

JAKE196 said:
well ok then. . .

should i wait for this one or get a lite. -_-'

Get a lite. This one won't be released until the DS lite sales significantly drop. At the moment, the sales are accelerating :lol:

I doubt we'll see another DS until at least September '08. Probably later

FRuMMaGe said:
Get a lite. This one won't be released until the DS lite sales significantly drop. At the moment, the sales are accelerating :lol:

I doubt we'll see another DS until at least September '08. Probably later
Not till late '08. . . I wonder how long Nintendo expects the DS to last, I wanted another handheld with better graphics really, but Nintendo said they had no plans for one for quite awhile so I thought I'd get a lite.

FRuMMaGe said:
If you mean flashcartridges, the R4 is the best one and goes directly into the DS port.
RAWR! I wanted to get a new DS since my one is pretty banged up and as soon as I read that article I thought I might get this. But when you posted that, I remembered it said no GBA-Catridge Slot. Now I have to stick with the DS Phat since my SuperCard only fits in the GBA Slot :mad5: :mad2: :cryin: :eek: :prrr: :( :sad: :frown2: :shocked: :wtf: :mad:.

Back