EA and Wii

ap110

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2007
Do you think we'll ever see Knockout Kings And Cricket and other sports from the EA house of goodness given the brillance of the Wii remote for these types of games, i thought they would have already jumped at the chance of yet more yearly releases like they have with Tiger woods.

Probably not appropriate to the thread, but I am not a fan of anything EA does. The only redeaming feature of EA is Will Wright.

PS I can't believe they destroyed sim city with the latest release, not even designed by WW.... pitiful.

largedarry said:
Probably not appropriate to the thread, but I am not a fan of anything EA does. The only redeaming feature of EA is Will Wright.

PS I can't believe they destroyed sim city with the latest release, not even designed by WW.... pitiful.

i've been impressed with some of EA's stuff as of late. Specifically:

Skate - 360
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - Wii

Usually when EA works on something themselves instead of just funding it, it goes to ****. A perfect example is Valve's The Orange Box for xbox 360. They handed it off to EA to make the port for Playstation 3 (Valve said PS3 was a waste of peoples time lol) and the latest reviews for The Orange Box claims the game is literally unplayable except for Portal. They say the framerate is horrible and freeze, team fortress isnt playable because Playstations Online sucks and Portal was the only thing that played fine.

T3kNi9e said:
Usually when EA works on something themselves instead of just funding it, it goes to ****. A perfect example is Valve's The Orange Box for xbox 360. They handed it off to EA to make the port for Playstation 3 (Valve said PS3 was a waste of peoples time lol) and the latest reviews for The Orange Box claims the game is literally unplayable except for Portal. They say the framerate is horrible and freeze, team fortress isnt playable because Playstations Online sucks and Portal was the only thing that played fine.

woowwww @ orange box.

as for yearly sports releases, i think some things ea knew theyd get right from day one, or had such good selling power that they might as well release one quick, like tiger woods and madden respectively. as far as other things go, i think theyll start to bring their other franchises over once they really can get everything right. i cant wait for nhl 09 which better be on wii or i am writing a letter to ea.

Do you mean when they release NHL '09, you don't want the Wii version to be a pathetic re-release of NHL'04. The only console that NHL '08 was good on was 360, the PC, PS2, etc. was just a crappy version of NHL '04.

Back