EA Confirms MotionPlus Support for ‘Dead Space’ Wii

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Electronic Arts COO John Pleasants today mentioned that “Dead Space Extraction,” a Wii-exclusive rail-shooter prequel to the survival-horror original, will support the gyroscopic Wii MotionPlus peripheral when the game debuts in fall 2009.

At the 2009 Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco, details about how MotionPlus would be integrated were not available; Pleasants merely told attendees that the new “Dead Space” title would be “taking advantage of the MotionPlus controller,” and that the title would include zero-G dismemberment.

Earlier today, EA announced that “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10″ and “EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis” would also use Nintendo’s MotionPlus accessory.

linkage

Ha beat me to it I was gonna make a thread called "New Dead Space Wii Details(NOT disappointing)".

I think this is great news, now I'm suddenly re-thrilled. I might pick this up after all!

Was a misunderstanding.. No MotionPlus

February 27, 2009 - During the 2009 Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference yesterday, EA COO John Pleasants let a nice – but somewhat strange – little nugget of info out for fans awaiting the company's on-rails shooter, Dead Space Extraction, for Wii. During the conference Pleasants touched on EA's Wii MotionPlus support thus far, citing that both EA Tennis and Tiger Woods 2010 were going to be supporting Nintendo's new technology in a big, big way.

Here's where things got interesting. Within that same thought, EA's COO also touched on Dead Space, implying that Extraction for Wii would also be making use of the new motion add-on. News went out on a few sites across the Net, but it was a serious head-scratcher. MotionPlus in a cursor-based game? It seemed a bit excessive, given Extraction's design.

Today we had a chance to get in contact with representatives from EA again on the subject, and the news has been officially put to rest. Dead Space Extraction will not be using Wii MotionPlus, and the comment made yesterday is merely misinterpretation. With the game essentially taking on the other "light gun" classics on Wii such as Umbrella Chronicles and the more recent House of the Dead: Overkill, the focus is on the system's IR functionality, and we'd assume EA went without MotionPlus because, quite frankly, it just isn't needed in this type of title.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/957/957926p1.html

Ok lets close this thread . . ..

*runs home crying to mama*

Back