Error Code 51330 >.>

l1DEMON1l

Wii Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Virginia
Wii Online Code
2149-0455-5325-4335
I've read around here that the error code 51330 has been a common error code. I don't understand what I need to do to resolve this issue. I've heard that resetting it works (which I'd rather not do because of all my ports I currently have saved) and that's about it.

If anybody has any idea why or what error code 51330 is could ya please post here =D I think it's a DNS error so I will be trying it out tomorrow to figure the issue out.

If resetting does work then so be it. But if somebody else knows a better way to resolve this I'd really appreciate it =]

Thanks,
-Demon (currently "borrowing" another network's internet for Wii24 =D)

Do you have to do these 'updates' to start playing? I thought the only thing online so far were the virtual console games? I wasnt going to bother connecting, but everyone is talking about these updates?

l1DEMON1l said:
Thanks,
-Demon (currently "borrowing" another network's internet for Wii24 =D)

Mmmmhhmmm... I'd much rather be using the router I bought for this system!:mad5:

Yeah, you don't really NEED the updates quite yet since the web browser and such aren't available yet. I mean, I just wanted to see what was available. Turns out stupid me didn't have the router set to broadcast on the wireless b/g. /sigh lol Mine's all fixeded though =D

DragonM3D said:
Mmmmhhmmm... I'd much rather be using the router I bought for this system!:mad5:

That is kinda lame man =[ I saw your previous post about that =\

Dude, it's all good though, the updates aren't really for anything marvelous QUITE yet =p

Soon enough they will be though...Hopefully. O.O

Mitch2025 said:
go into your router settings and restore it to factory defaults. that worked for me

Yeah I finally did that and Im on my own secure network now. Wii-Haw!:thumbsup:

Still got problems

i had the same error, if you are still having problems i found that switching the wireless router to channel 1 or 11 should fix it. i put mine on 1 and it works fine

The first update lets you copy saves to an SD card. I know this because I wanted to play Twilight Princess at my friend's place and copied to an SD card and his Wii wouldn't even acknowledge the existance of the SD card.

The error code basically means it cannot establish a connection to the network, like it can't even acquire an IP address. I had to face this issue the other night when my router's DHCP server was acting up.

I updated the firmware my router, a Netgear 814v2, and restored the factory settings and that fixed the error for me. Good luck.

Mic said:
I updated the firmware my router, a Netgear 814v2, and restored the factory settings and that fixed the error for me. Good luck.

All you needed to do is upgrade the firmware.

If your router is not using the latest firmware, there is a 90% chance wifi isn't going to work.

vagrant said:
All you needed to do is upgrade the firmware.

If your router is not using the latest firmware, there is a 90% chance wifi isn't going to work.

this didnt work for me, I'm going nuts. I will try switching to channel 1 or 11 but that shouldnt make a difference surely?! :mad5: :mad5:

Bluud said:
this didnt work for me, I'm going nuts. I will try switching to channel 1 or 11 but that shouldnt make a difference surely?! :mad5: :mad5:

Im using channel 6. But I already explained to you what you need to do in your own thread.

Back