Error Code: 86070

Milton.S

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2008
England
My friend and I are both having troubles when it comes to playing each other on GH3. We're fine when it comes to playing random strangers but just before we join each others game we're signed out (booted out) and Error Code: 86070 appears.
I believe we're both using the same router (some kind of Belkin - will say which model when i find out ), so i imagine we've got the same settings.
For both of us, this rarely happens when facing strangers but 100% everytime we try to play each other.
I've found this at nintendo but can make little sense of it.

Error Code: 86070

This particular error is typically caused by a firewall interfering with a successful connection to the Nintendo WFC. Please read the following information.

Do you receive this error every time you try and connect?
If you receive this error every time, please proceed to step #2 on this page.
If you receive this error only when playing a particular friend, then it is likely a problem with the friend's firewall settings on their connection. If possible, recommend to your friend that they visit the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection help area of http://support.nintendo.com for possible solutions.

Ensure your router has the latest firmware installed. Visit your router manufacturer?s website and look for any updated firmware that may be available (these are typically found under "downloads" or by searching for your particular model number). Contact your router manufacturer for additional assistance.

If the above information does not solve your problem, you may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings*. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:
If you are prompted for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Wii, etc.).
The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as the router will allow).
Protocols will need to be set to UPD only.
Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the Wii's static IP that you assigned in the previous step on this page.

As far as i can see i need to change my port forwarding settings but i've no idea what this means. I can gain access to my routers page (sorry don't know what to call it - along the lines of 192.168.X.X) On the client list my Wii is registered..basically :) How do i set up port forwarding for my Wii?

Back