EVERY Wii game should have the option

sremick said:
Options are fine, but for more and more future games this would only result in limiting developers and restricting gameplay interface styles. Not every interface can translate back to some finger-twister combo on a "classic controller". The Wii remote frees us from such nonsense.

i was gonna say something along the lines of this until i read ur post but yes i co-sign this

stugots said:
to be played with the classic controller.

Now in most cases I would not use it but for example right now I want to play ALOT of my Wii games and im having medical problems and can't really jump around and swing my Wiimote.

can't really relax and play games with the Wii

any thoughts on this?
1. You don't have to jump or swing the wiimote in most games. And if you do then you can generally use subtle movements which will be just as effective as any swinging.

2. If they made every game playable with the classic controller then it would completely undermine the purpose of having the wiimote.

3. Good luck with the medical issues.

Having the option of traditional controls for every Wii game defeats the purpose of the Wii itself. The whole premise is about the unique controls with only a small graphical boost. When I got the Wii, I expected Wii controls, not traditional.

If Nintendo says "Well...you don't HAVE to use Wii controls. You could just use classic." to 3rd parties, then developers will use that as a cop-out for the lack of motion controls. Why bother putting in the effort of developing a new control scheme when you can just stick with tradition? A few may advance but having seen past 3rd party efforts, most would be glad to stick with tradition.

3rd parties have to figure out how to make Wii controls work on their own. Classic controls are the training wheels that have to be taken off by Nintendo at some point for them to be independent. By demanding options for classic controls in all games, you effectively want to keep the training wheels on and not make 3rd parties makes Wii controls that can stand on their own.

Back