Extension cable for DDR on wii

jollyguy23

WiiChat Member
Apr 30, 2007
Hello Friends,

I recently purchased DDR for the Wii. Only when I opened the package did I realize that the pad needs to be connected to the Wii's gamecube control slot. Here is my situation. I have my Wii along with my other video components in a seperate room about 12 feet from where my tv is. All the cables run on top of my basement room to my tv.

This means i cannot connect my DDR pad to the wii since it will be too far from the tv and it will be pointless. I did some research and could find only a 6 feet gamecube extension cable that says will be compatiable with the DDR pad. My question is does any one know if there is a 12 feet cable that i can get (and if so could you kindly send me a link) or if i buy 2 - 6 feet cables will i be able to connect them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I have looked for extension cables for my GC and never found more than 6' in length. Two 6 footers should be as good as 12'.

There is a slim chance it could be too long and you may loose some transmitting, I guess a good way to test it thoroughly is to play an intese GC game with lots of joystick and button action while using the 2 cables.

I sometimes connect my Gamecube controller to my Wii with 2 x 6' extension cables, and the controller works just fine, so I imagine the DDR pad would too.

Thansk for sharing. When i get 2 extension cables are there any special sockets that i need to purchase to connect the 2 to make it a 12 feet or will I be able to connect the 2 cables just like that.

Thanks again for the information!

they will daisy chain just fine...

madcatz extension cables have a handy manual wind-up buld to make it nice to put the cable away, but it could be bulky to lay across the living room floor where people have to be careful not to walk on it.

if it's a low traffic area the madcatz cable could be handy.

Back