First impression of Wii Sports Resort...

Ok... you say I should see pointers for the remotes on the main screen before starting the game... what main screen? Is this the first screen once you start the Resort game, or is this a screen of the Wii unit itself? Sorry, but I am brand new to the Wii and have not figured this out yet. Yes, I do have the Motion Plus adapter for the controllers. Thanks!

I was referring to the main Wii screen itself. If all 4 remotes are working at that point, they should still work ok once you start the Wii Sports Resort game.

If you still have problems, try re-syncing all the remotes (using the red buttons in the battery compartment).

i got this for xmas and im happy with it great fun and extra mini games as well
the frisbee is fun and i like the sword fighting
none of it is a let down for me 100% reccomended

When i saw the motion plus at E3 i was amazed, but actually playing with the motion plus makes the wii mote feel awesome lol, all games should come out with wii motion plus supported now because the reason wii sports resort is so fun is specifically because of this, Im personally addicted to archery, swordplay and table tennis atm, first impressions were basically amazed. such an improvement on the original wii sports

My first impression of the Wii Sports Resort was overly positive. I very much enjoyed the introduction of jumping out of the aircraft and doing the sky diving straight away. It was an effective method of raising the excitement before actually getting into it to play. I was pleased to see a much larger selection of activities available to, as well as some chances to unlock even more! I was designated with finding out "how it all works" and then explaining it to the rest of the family before we decided to have a Wii Sports game night. It went over really well, and really the whole family appreciates it. The only thing that bothered us in particular was the modifications to the golf sport. It requires the player to be a bit more specific which can be slightly irritating, resulting in the ball going off in several directions here and there. :frown5:

Ah well, practise makes perfect!

.... The only thing that bothered us in particular was the modifications to the golf sport. It requires the player to be a bit more specific which can be slightly irritating, resulting in the ball going off in several directions here and there. :frown5:

Ah well, practise makes perfect!

Just like real golf! :lol:

(As for the post immediately before mine in this thread, I think it may be one of the most incomprehensible loads of gibberish I've seen on the Internet over the past 19 years.)

Brian,
For the 3 point contest in basketball release the B button at the top of your shot but follow through. Another tip is to grab and shoot the balls as quickly as possible. I am usually done with about 10 seconds left on the clock. Hope this helps!

I loved it! I don't play it so often now though, once you play it a lot you get somewhat bored. Well I do. :p

I really like it! A lot like Wii Sports in the graphics, sound and overall feel. The graphics are better, and more fun the the original. You'll hear the same voices, you'll get points to get to Pro level, and your other Mii's will show up in the background.

I was disappointed at first to see bowling and golf, why repeat it? Once you play it with the new motion control, you'll see why. I'll never play Wii Sport golf again. It's so much more responsive, especially in putting. Same with bowling, making it a MUCH more challenging game!! I think people will love the updated versions.

I've also played a lot with the sword play games, frisbee, table tennis, and wakeboard. I played for over an hour, and only played half the games. So far, it's a lot of fun, and I think it has some good replay value. Not something you'll get tired of in a month.

My only complaint so far is basketball.. a game that I'm terrible at in real life. That tells you just how accurate this new motion control is. lol With some practice it will be a lot of fun too.

Not a whole lot more then you've probably read online, but if there are any questions I can answer, just ask. Thought I would give an unbiased review.

Must admit that I LOVE the sports resort. Kudos :)

I found it not very accurate with table tennis sometimes but ill give it a 8.2 out of 10.0. Very amusing though!!

Yea there is kind of a trick to it. I noticed when I started it I would swing wide. But all it takes is a short kind of bunting swing sort of barely swinging ur wrist and BAMMMM in not time ur woopin it.

ya games arent that accurate but still fun to play. a good way to pass some time and most ages can play.

Back