Fishing comes to Wii

FR. said:
Looks like it's aimed at the younger crowd...but doesn't the Wii already have a good fishing game? Look like it will supply some competition.

EDIT:

wii_rapala_tournament_fishing_kansi.jpg

i have that game and i personally love it haha. its addicting and its fun. id give this new fishing game a try. i also like the fishing game in wiiplay as well.

it kinda looks like a fishing version of cookoff mama.

They should offer a fishing/hunting game simialar to Cabela's released on the Gamecube. This would allow a much more in depth fishing game, with serious changes of scenery, poles/rods, etc and would also have the fun of hunting. Hunting with the wii remote (especially with zapper accessory) would be fantastic, and rolling them into one game would be very doable and very fun

I just found this link on Wiki about a game called fishing master that will be released in late 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_Master

Fishing Master (マリオパーティ 8, Mezase!! Tsuri Master?)[1] is a game for the Nintendo's Wii console scheduled for release Late 2007.[1] In this game the player holds down the "A" button and flicks the Wii Remote. Releasing the "A" button casts a virtual line. This game is supposed to be a very accurate alternative to the feel and experience of actually fishing (without the fish, or the water, or the fresh air...).

Hooked! Real Motion Fishing is another game that looks cool according to thewire.com There are some screenshots of both games.

i never cared for fishing games. I dotn get the point you cant even eat them. you could eat the disk and see if fish come out ha ha just joking

That new fishing game looks too cartoonish for me.

Anyway - I did buy the Rapala fishing game when I purchased the console. At the same time I bought Wii Play. And to be honest, I do like Rapala Fishing, though you do get a bit bored after playing it for awhile.

The game itself allows you to switch between various lakes in the US and in the world. At each lake you can fish for a variety of species - from small mouth bass to giant Nile Perch.

You get the option of choosing amoung various types of rods, various types of flies, and also types of lines. Like you don't want to use 4 lb test to go after 100 lb Nile perch.

You can either use a boat or fish from the shore - and the game does give you hints on how to fish better. That I particularly liked as it should improve my fishing ability in real life.

Another thing I liked is that you use both the remote and the nunchuck. You hold the remote in your left hand - it acts as the rod; the nunchuck acts like the handle on the reel. So when you cast, you hold the remote over your head, swing it forward and let go of B at the right moment. It's fairly realistic. To reel in, you make circular motions with your right hand, like your moving a reel's handle, to reel in the line.

When you get a nibble and want to set the hook, you pull up on your rod. And when you're reeling it in, you do the same in real life. If it's a big fish, you lower the drag. You pull up on the rod, and as you lower it you reel in.

I suggest you all try it yourselves by renting it, especially if you're sportsman and fishing enthusiatist - before brushing it off as no good.

Oh - they also have tournaments, different levels of game play, etc. I'm not sure if you can play more then one person at a time. I don't remember. I've been playing Mario Party 8 for the past week.

Ken
----------------
Wii console hooked up 8/18/07
own: 4 Wii Remotes, 1 Nunchuck
Games: Wii Play, Rapala Fishing, Mario Party 8, Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess.

I still have to rent the Rapala game, never got around to it since I cannot currently use my Wii.

I did hear about a saltwater fishing release through a friend, I may have to do some research and post what I find. He told me Nintendo Power Magazine mentions the new game in the October issue.

Back