"Flagship Racing Title"

ShawVAuto

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
Jamie here. Does anyone else here think that Nintendo needs a flagship racing title? Nobody better not chime in and say Mario Kart is their series because that's just sad. Microsoft has Forza, Sony has Gran Turismo, Nintendo has Mario Kart!? :sick:

I think we need a street racer title that would be online enabled and allow you create crews that you drive around with in real time and race other crews. It will have real cars by real companies and using the Wii Connect24 feature new cars can be updated to the server. Using the Weather Channel of the crew leaders Wii will dictate weather for that crew. Crews can be up to 12 people but only 4 can race at once so 8 cars on the screen. You could do things to your car like chop tops, convertibles, headlight conversions, tail light conversions, engine swaps, change your vehicles bolt pattern to fit other vehicles rims, etc. Since the game will be online instead of simply pulling into your garage to do these mods with the cash you accumulate. People will decide upon registering what they will add to the community. You can for instance select to be a shop owner and you will be given a grant of $100,000 to start your business. You select your location from a list of available ones and began your shop. People who race online and have crews or not can then go to your shop and have various things that you offer done. You can only select so many things your shop can do however. You may offer chop tops, suspension upgrades, turbo/suoercharger kits, and body kits. Someone else may offer other things. You also have to set your own prices but here's the catch. Your prices affect your profit margin. WIth the profits you get you can have your own car that you race, or put it back in your business. Some members may be undercover cops or whatever. Basically, it will be an online world of the actual world. Sorry to ramble on about this but if ANYONE has any input or anything feel free. I just think that we could at least get away with the graphics of Forza 1 for this game. And have aftermarket steering wheel support. Well, let me know, later.

Last edited:
well recently i made a game up on photoshop called "AUTO FESTIVAL"
and it was a flagship racing title and it had 10,000 cars online enabled creating crews online new downloadable mods and loads of other stuff

well recently i made a game up on photoshop called "AUTO FESTIVAL"
and it was a flagship racing title and it had 10,000 cars online enabled creating crews online new downloadable mods and loads of other stuff

Are you serious? If so, I would like to see that. If not, that's just cruel:cryin: (joking).

yeah me and mates have made artwork cars the lot im not joking oh yeah i forgot to mention... talking in games no matter what fc`s or not

You have to PM me about that. Sounds kind of cool actually. I just think Nintendo needs to realize that there old younger NES generation has grown up and now need more from there games other than familar faces and bright colors. Why can't they make all the games for the young generation and new ones for the NES generation who has grown up? We need a flagship racing title.... BAD!!!

Well to be honest Mario Kart sorta is their "flagship racing title" as of right now. However I find that to be quite depressing and sad as well. I would say Need for Speed is Nintendo's but of course that would be a lie since its on all systems.

Basically you're right. The Wii needs a game to be developed from the GROUND UP which focuses on creating an excellent driving game with an unbelieveably high quality driving experience. Mulitplayer with up to 4 players and 8 other computers. Online Capability over WiiConnect24. Not to mention downloadable content for cars. 1P Story mode to get the franchise started off the ground. And last but not least an excellent control scheme for the Wiimote and Nunchuk (maybe the Classic Controller as well to satisfy those backwards people). I don't know what Nintendo is thinking these days but somone needs to open their damn eyes and look around. People want First Person Shooter games. We want more driving games. We want more RPGs. Some of us want Massively Multiplayer games. And last but defnitely not least gamers want above standard/decent to cutting edge graphics. Until Nintendo accepts that and starts to make moves to change this they will continue to the butt end of jokes by the people who really determine which console wins the Console Wars....developers and publishers.

ShawVAuto said:
You have to PM me about that. Sounds kind of cool actually. I just think Nintendo needs to realize that there old younger NES generation has grown up and now need more from there games other than familar faces and bright colors. Why can't they make all the games for the young generation and new ones for the NES generation who has grown up? We need a flagship racing title.... BAD!!!

There is a great resistance to creating non-kiddie games for Nintendo.

I think the game should definitely be a choice throughout. You decide your job for the game (racer, cop, shop owner, etc.). If you get busted, you can try to bribe the players playing the cops. I mean I have such a DEEP root in the car customizing (I actually run my own shop:D ). I know what street racers want in games. People don't want cars with pre-made kits(Carbon and Most Wanted). You want the ability to mix and create (Underground 2). Reason being, you want to be unique. That's why you even customize your ride. We need to alert Nintendo. What the heck is/was with GT Pro Series!?:prrr: That was the saddest attempt at racing I have ever witnessed! We need a good racing game. There will be no pre-determined routes in online mode. Once the racers are challenged, the crew leader that started the challenge picks the course using the Wiimote to draw it out by tracing the streets to be used. After that, the map is shown to the rest of the racers, loaded up, and raced. Now, cops can setup busts because they will always be there (online) as long as the players palying as cops are connected. I have SO many ideas about this game. From the moment you fire it up, you will be in the underground tuner world. Can't think of a name.... maybe "Smoke" "Quarter Mile" "Pink Slips" "Slips" or whatever. People should chime in with names.

There is no way around it, Mario Kart is and will most likely always be Nintendo's flagship racer. Mario Kart is a fresh alternative from the infinite generic illegal street racing games out there. If you want a realistically looking Wii racing game, there will be alternatives such as Need for Speed but Nintendo will always release their Mario Kart.

No, no, I'm not saying not release Mario Kart altogether but release something that has a staple as to what the Wii can do. Forza made people see that the XBox was very well capable of handling an in depth driving game. PSOne showed that it could with Gran Turismo. Wii shows that it can with Mario Kart!? Now if they allowed you to modify the carts maybe.

Back