For the wii-less: what's your plan of action tomorrow?

^I think you will have no problem getting one if you do that. Quick question, is EB definitely getting consoles for tomorrow though? Is it a known thing? If so, then I smell more camping coming people's way tomorrow morning or tonight, depending on how early you go.

I'll still be waiting for the Wii... have to work tomorrow. (Could have used a vacation day but want to save those for next summer.) I don't have the cash right now to get one, so even if I had the day off it wouldn't matter... I don't really want to be around any stores tomorrow anyway. The traffic will probably be insane, as I live near a mall and several shopping centers.

ABC said:
^I think you will have no problem getting one if you do that. Quick question, is EB definitely getting consoles for tomorrow though? Is it a known thing? If so, then I smell more camping coming people's way tomorrow morning or tonight, depending on how early you go.

All the shipments our local Gamestops have gotten in this week have been held for tommorow. Each store has estimated 5-10 Wii's, so I have to get there early to be in the front of the line. And my local Best Buy will not have them, and neither will Target or WalMart. So for me, my only option is Gamestop. Wish me luck, 6 hours until I start scouting....

Good luck man. If your willing to camp out for 5 - 6 hours, I don't see any problem getting one. I only camped for 7 on launch day and got one without much trouble. So you should be fine. None the less, good luck man. Hope you get one.

I'm kind of torn here: I could go to toys r us at 5, but I won't be near any other stores if the toys r us doesn't have them. However, when I called yesterday, a woman told me that the word was they WOULD have them for black friday. But I called back later right before they closed and a different woman (not nearly as polite as the first!) said they wouldn't have them. If I don't get one at toys r us, I could always wait outside a gamestop though.

The other option is to wait outside best buy, and then if they don't have any, I can rush over to walmart or circuit city, and then if they don't have any, I can try the toys r us (although I probably won't get there till around 5:30) and then a target and then a gamestop/ebgames.

So should I go with the first plan, which would maximize on the probability the store is actually selling wiis, or should I go with the second plan, where I would just hit every store but I may end up hitting the right one too late?

Jagermeister33 said:
Im not even going to go near a store tomorrow. Not the best time to be on a Wii search. I can wait till next week.

It is and it isn't. It is a good day to be on a Wii hunt because stores will most definitely do everything they can to stock a few for the rush. It won't be a good day to Wii hunt because there are 5 million cheap ass people diving for the 10 cents off section.

ABC said:
It is and it isn't. It is a good day to be on a Wii hunt because stores will most definitely do everything they can to stock a few for the rush. It won't be a good day to Wii hunt because there are 5 million cheap ass people diving for the 10 cents off section.
Yeah I hear that man. Problem for me is I live a good hour away from the nearest city so the thought of getting up at 3am and driving for an hour just doesnt sit well. Ill be bugging Gamestop next week. They will call me the Wiistalker :D

do you guys think that itll be ok even if i don't know for sure whether the stores im going to tomorrow have wiis or not (best buy, ebgames, and gamestop)? im kinda worried that im just gonna waste my time that could be better spent waiting else where.

phatboix91 said:
do you guys think that itll be ok even if i don't know for sure whether the stores im going to tomorrow have wiis or not (best buy, ebgames, and gamestop)? im kinda worried that im just gonna waste my time that could be better spent waiting else where.

Well concidering the news we heard so far on this site, it seems your nearest ebGames or Gamestop will be your best bet.

Hope my parents pity me because I'm down only 54 bucks, and give me some cash, maybe for early Birthday.

Or maybe my Aunt give me some moneys~

But maaaan. You can get a 1 gig SD card over at some stores for 13 bucks on black friday here. And 20 bucks for a 100 Gig hard drive!

Some good stuff on sale.

Back