forum channel

Nyiro

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2007
nintendo should make a forum channel. i just thought it would be a good idea so what do you think

ya it would and a mic would be to or am i asking to much

hmm hum i suppose, but i highly doubt it considering they have no need for one. they have every single forum there is right now included ones purely dedicated to the wii.... via internet channel. so why would they?

On which forum though? With the Nsider boards closed down, the only forums left are ones created by Nintendo Fans. Thus, to feature a channel on one forum alone would be very controversial. Unless of course you mean that Nintendo should focus on all of the forums. However, that then wouldn't be necessary seeing as we already have the Opera Internet Browser. With all that being said, I don't believe that a Forum Channel would be beneficiary to the Nintendo Wii.

We already have one. It's called Wiichat. I can even come here from my Wii and type in here. Make sure you click the link while logging in to avoid a error message. I've been on scores of forums in the past, after all I'm 28 years old, this one is good as it is.

Back when I was 18 forums were barely used and chat channels were a very big deal. MPEG just came out, and Windows Media Player wasn't technically out yet. 64mb RAM was a lot back then.

It makes more sense than some of the other channels they have on there. Sorry a little off topic but why does it seem like we won't even hear about a mic till the middle of next year if we even get one? It just seems like that would be the next step to go with online.

kmcheng said:
not until Wii has full support of USB keyboard (just partial support now)

In what way is it not fully supported? There was another update a couple months ago that enabled keyboard support in the internet channel in addition to the places it worked before.

You can plug a keyboard into the back of the Wii console USB port. So... Not that hard to make a channel that uses it. It's a matter of importance. Is the channel important enough for Nintendo to waste time on it? Probably not. :(

Back