Friends wii FROZEN! OWNED!

Attacktix

WiiChat Member
Jul 2, 2007
my friend used to fill out surveys, to gain wii points. And for those of you who dont know is somewhat illegal. Nintendo doesnt like it when you do that. So my friend got 6 wii point cards, and spent them the other day... now today his wii is locked to the wii shop channel. and he got a message talking about, illegal wii points.

Please dont fill out those stupid surveys... ure just gonna get owned like my friend.

PS: all of the VC games got deleted!! EVen the ones he bought with his own money!!!

Illegal Wii Points? This doesn't sound right. Is someone somehow stealing wii points from Nintendo and using them to get people to do surveys?

Still this doesn't sound right. So we don't actually own the VC games we buy? Even if Nintendo thought the points were fraudulently obtained this is a bad way to deal with it.

this is a complete lie. a company on the internet uses a site to get you to fill surveys for their investors and as a reward their investors give you gifts. its not illegal. they are actually buying a wii points card for you.

Alright, that sucks I guess.
Thanks for the heads up.

Now on to something else :lol:

Yah, it's how it works..
They get money for the surveys completed
Its a whole promotion thing..
Honestly I got my Wii from one..
I just refered friends..They did it..
Then completed to offers which were free. Blockbuster trial and gamefly trial..
I also did the same for my ipod..
Surveyscout pays you to do surveys..Its awesome =P

thas said:
this is a complete lie. a company on the internet uses a site to get you to fill surveys for their investors and as a reward their investors give you gifts. its not illegal. they are actually buying a wii points card for you.
Not all sites do that. Some just randomly generate a number for a code to use in the shop channel.

If Nintendo locked up my Wii, I would call, if not resolved I'll get a lawsuit..I could find a reason..
Im not rich but my brother is, and his lawyer has won many cases..bwahaha

benjama said:
Aren't they the same kind of surveys i get spammed everyday?
Yeah. Most are legit services, while some are frauds. I remember once on these forums someone posted like 10 fake codes, I tried out one. Thank God nothing happened.

No Benjama there talking about the big companies who dont want to rip off people but im not sure if MySims story is believable its just a bit odd. Nintendo cant freeze a wii and delete VC games they dont have that kinda control over the wii if they did then they could face major law suit because what the consumer buys is theirs and the company doesnt have the right to supervise what they do with the product to the point were its personnal cuz that would be disturbing.

i have two words for you bull..s**t its not illegal because they buy the points right outta the store and then give them away to people who fill out the surveys on the advertisements

MRCOOLGH said:
No Benjama there talking about the big companies who dont want to rip off people but im not sure if MySims story is believable its just a bit odd. Nintendo cant freeze a wii and delete VC games they dont have that kinda control over the wii if they did then they could face major law suit because what the consumer buys is theirs and the company doesnt have the right to supervise what they do with the product to the point were its personnal cuz that would be disturbing.

Like microsoft looking at our PC's and looking at what were doing.....*closes windows backs away from computer* :shifty:

Is he your friend personally? If so did you see this with your own eyes? There is no such thing as illegal wii points unless you actually STEAL them... Getting wii points through surveys is like winning something in a contest... It's legit, those sites pay for the wii points they hand out. I think someone is just pulling your chain.

Back