Game Suggestions

sbollag

WiiChat Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hi all, new to the forums and would appreciate some game advice. I'm (FINALLY) probably going to be getting my (free!) Wii soon, and I get two games with it, so I'm really trying to figure out which two I want to get. I'm basically a very casual gamer, so I know everyone absolutely loves Zelda, but I wasn't really considering it. I like party-type games, had been really trying to pick two out of the following three - WarioWares, Rayman's Raving Rabbids, or Mario Party 8 - and was having enough difficulty doing that (Cooking Mama's Cook Off also looks pretty sweet), but now I've been hearing that maybe I should just get one of those minigame-type games and get another game that also has more of a single-player story and minigames, such as Super Monkey Ball or Sonic. I always did love Sonic on Sega, so that might be alright, and I had heard some advice that Rayman or Mario Party might be the better of those three. But I've also heard good things about the Trauma Center game.

So anyway, I know that's not very coherent, but any advice people might be able to give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

lol dnt get sonic if you really liked the sega ones, not so good lol, wariowares is a good party gamer as is wiiplay and wii sports, id say mario party 8 would be good though i dont know

lol....like the 10 topic in two days on this.

Anyways.... I'd recommend ssx blur, strikers seems poopular, or just save your cash.

Last edited:
don't buy tiger woods.....

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay.
If you are from the UK, then I personally suggest Mario Strikers Charged for its online functionality.

As far as I know and in my opinion, WarioWares, Rayman's Raving Rabbids and Mario Party 8 are all solid choices in terms of a mini-games game. It's really up to you. As for SSX Blur, the learning curve is steep and the controls take patience to master but is very rewarding once you've got a hang of the controls.

really? I picked them up pretty fast when I rented with some friends.

I think it's the embarrassment factor you gotta get over. Note: when you buy the wii, you better not be too uptight to look like an ass while playing it :thumbsup:

Brawny said:

I think it's the embarrassment factor you gotta get over. Note: when you buy the wii, you better not be too uptight to look like an ass while playing it :thumbsup:

Agree.... Also ssx blur you feel like your doing something REALLY differn't just by steering with your wrist.... when you get the hang of it you'll be hooked.:yesnod:

Brawny said:
I admit I got the hang of the controls fairly quickly as well, but I read reviews where there were others that were having problems and just couldn't get the uber tricks to work.

But I guess it doesn't really matter if you are persist, and keep practising till you get it right.

Thanks for all the quick responses and advice, and sorry if this is a topic that comes up all of the time, I checked to see if there was a specific thread or something for this sort of question, but didn't see anything.

I would definitely get Mario Strikers, but unfortunately am in the US and it's not out here yet (definitely plan on getting it when it does). SSX sounds pretty cool, I might check it out, but I think for now I'm gonna go with Mario Party 8 (I've never played the Mario Party games, so it'll be new to me) and get Rayman later (I saw they're already coming out with a second one later this year). For my other game I think I'll get Sonic, I know no one said much about it, but it looks pretty fun and I never had a chance to play it much on the old Sega, only very occasionally, so I think it'll be good.

I would just save the $ and test 'em out first, but the thing is I get two free games with the system, so I'm not gonna pass that up. Well thanks again, and any more advice is welcome.

Back