GAME UK 'Wii Will Rock You' launch party

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a press release UK retailer GAME have announced their plans to hold a midnight launch party at their Oxford Street store.

The event entitled 'Wii will rock you' will include music, crowd entertainment, competitions, pizza delivery and demonstration Wii pods to play on. The grand finale will be a countdown to midnight when the first Nintendo Wii will be purchased by the lucky gamer at the front of the queue.

Anna Macario, GAME's Marketing Director stated, "We are anticipating huge crowds of customers will come to our Oxford Street store to get their hands on their Nintendo Wii at the first possible moment. The console has been hotly anticipated by thousands of customers who have reserved this console for weeks in advance and we are working flat out to make sure customers get the products they want first."

Unit numbers havent been mentioned so it's not clear whether the consoles will be on a preordered basis or whether they have ample numbers for the public.

Sounds like a good event and might be worth a shot for anyone who doesnt currently have a guaranteed preorder.

Source: Game Says 'Wii Will Rock You' at Midnight Launch Event on Oxford Street

urge_to_kill.jpg

in touch with the wii said:
urge_to_kill.jpg
even more
man when does scotland get a nintendo party

You'll get it before Wales does, trust me. Ah well, i preordered, and have school on the friday anyway so even if i did like in a big city i wouldnt go... Sounds fun though. It sounds like the sort of thing ill be doing in my 20s, lol. Who knows what ill be playing on then....

Meh They allways forget about Manchester
its better than London
We have the big spiky thing
a big feris wheel
a big adsa
me
errrr
Anal street (was called canal street but its a gay area)

Meh Been London twice (once for a holiday the second time to pick up a suitcase I left behind)
Hate it to meny people

Aberdeen never gets opening parties either, The most we get is Michael Barrymore turning on the Christmas Lights, which adds to its gheyness 100-fold

Darkprinny said:
Meh They allways forget about Manchester
its better than London
We have the big spiky thing
a big feris wheel
a big adsa
me
errrr
Anal street (was called canal street but its a gay area)

I'm sure it's (c)Anal (s)Treet you know, not been in manc-land in a few years though so I could be wrong

I also stay not to far from Glasgow and did expect a lil' somethin' to happen there. Kinda disappointing.

I come from Paris and my brother told methat back home there's gonna be midnite launch sales in various shops (Virgin, Fnac)... and no international news about it, lol.

Anyway, I'll be at my local Game shop early on Friday morning, just hopin' it won't be too rainny :p

But after a few years livin here in lovely Scotland, U learn to be prepared for those details, which won't let me miss out on ma Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!

Back