Gamecube lacking RPG's

Riviet said:
I love RPG's involving multiple players playing, there aren't very around at all, but FFCC is one of them.
Tales Of Symphonia was a good multiplayer RPG...the only minor thing i didnt like about it was that the camera would not zoom out during battle to adjust to the movement of ur several controlled characters. This resulted in some battle confusion and not knowing where your character is at all times. Otherwise the multiplayer battle system was good a friend and I had a great time playing through some of this game together.

Mr_Stoukaph said:
a great real time RPG is Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II. one of the two online games for GC (made for online, SSBM doesnt count). It had great multiplayer (it was online!) and good gameplay if you like RT RPGs. The story is a bit lacking but otherwise, in my opinion, the best GC RPG.

ya, i agree that this is a good RPG for the GC and that the story line is lacking. but i like leveling up my character and hunting for all the rare wepons in the game. and i think that PSO is an MMORPG the only diference is that it was the first online rpg for a console (dreamcast) so its not as exiting as WoW lol.

dwaltin said:
the GC definately didnt have many good ones, or many at all. And WindWaker isnt really an RPG i would say it was and action/adventure game b/c you dont level up or anything, you just gain heart pieces. If you wanting some good ones try any of the FF ones on the PS1 or PS2, now those were great.

ya, i agree. non of the zelda games are RPG's and niether are zelda like games otherwise racing games would b RPG's as well lol. not to mention some sports games that allow u to put an X amount of points into certaing stats. lots of games have RPG like elements but that dosnt make them RPG's.

I definitely agree, the GC was lacking RPGs while the PS2 had FFX, FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts, and a few more seriously good ones.

The best multiplayer RPG I've played would have to be Secret of Mana on the SNES. The multiplayer was so awesomely good with upto 3 people (if you had the extra controller adapter where u cud plug in upto 5 controllers) you could all play instead of 1 human and 2 cpu controlled players. seriously good times.

It was made even better by the fact it was all live action fighting on the game map, not turn based nor did battles take place in a battle subscreen. If anyone out there hasnt played it download the ROM or get it off a friend. I'd post a URL if i knew one.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance:D . One game you must get.

Oh, and I can't beleive anybody has mentioned Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door! Its an fantastic RPG!

Back