German Wii -UK compatability

slystor

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
Hi,
I am in the UK and looking to get a Wii from Germany and was wondering if anyone knew of any compatibility issues?

Particularly, I have heard a rumour that there will be problems connecting to the internet, as the server will be different.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Or anything else I should be aware of?

Many thanks

Slystor

shouldnt be aproblem because both countries r in europe. The are in same region.

Last edited:
Check out www.wiipreorder.co.uk

Through that site, I decided to purchase my Wii from Germany. Expected delivery the 12th. Personally if theres almost 1000 happy comments on there, I'm going for it.

I can however let you know about the online part, once it arrives if your not purchasing anytime soon.

I know now that all games are compatable, and the plug wont be a problem if you use a travel plug.

Cheers Guys,

I am mainly worried about the internet connection, do you know if this is customizable from the console itself, or were the sales people in my local shop trying to dissuade me to keep the sale??

Also I have seen that there is a 2pin to 3pin plug attachment that you can get from this site-
www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=319065

Thanks again

slystor said:
Cheers Guys,

I am mainly worried about the internet connection, do you know if this is customizable from the console itself, or were the sales people in my local shop trying to dissuade me to keep the sale??

Also I have seen that there is a 2pin to 3pin plug attachment that you can get from this site-
www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=319065

Thanks again

Nice find! I may order one of those to make life easier. Sorry I cant be of any more help with the internet questions, but I'm praying it is compatible online as its on the way. Seriously though, one of those 1000 comments would surely mention the problem, if it exsisted I expect.

There is no problem, i also use a german wii in the uk. I set the settings to english and united kingdom and its connected to the internet without any problems

Thank you, thulsa.

While your here, whats your plug situation with the two pin please? I'm trying to decide the best possible thing.

I'm a german and moved to the uk, so i bought alot of adapters for all my things anyway.

Grey said:
Nice find! I may order one of those to make life easier. Sorry I cant be of any more help with the internet questions, but I'm praying it is compatible online as its on the way. Seriously though, one of those 1000 comments would surely mention the problem, if it exsisted I expect.

I have just purchased a console from Komplett they send european versions from the Netherlands. Arrived within 3 working days, Brilliant!!!. They also included a conversion plug 2 to 3pin which is really good. Can you help though, do you know if US games will play?::cool:

reece1409 said:
I have just purchased a console from Komplett they send european versions from the Netherlands. Arrived within 3 working days, Brilliant!!!. They also included a conversion plug 2 to 3pin which is really good. Can you help though, do you know if US games will play?::cool:

No, It's a different format in the US to PAL in Europe.

I heard that you can get something called a modchip or something like that, do you know if this works?

In my opinion its really not worth it. You lose your waranty, and there has been several known problems.

so there is nothing you can buy after you have bought a console? Being European console and wanting to play US games?

Back