Got an R4DS, So Happy!

Taheen

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
North Dallas
Thought I might but in my two cents.

Just picked up an R4DS that came with a 1GB microSD card. Been playing with it all day trying it out.

I must say, it really transformed the way I use the DS. No more carrying a bunch of carts around. All the games I want, plus a media player, built in cheats (if so inclined), and I've tried out a few homebrew apps.

Highly recommend this nice little toy.

Not trying to plug where I bought it from, but I'll just say I got it on Amazon for about $45 new with the 1GB card. Not a bad deal at all!

Yeah i got mine a couple of months ago i agree it couldnt say a bad word about it

Nice mate ,congratz ^^ I got a R4 too but the first time I got it the Micro SD slot was messed up so I had to wait for about 2 weeks to get a new one. But this one ok and I haven't even touched my Wii (console :D ) for a long while. I just mostly play my DS Lite ^^

What does this thing do?
I take it it's like an Illegal chip. Does it just store all your games on one cartridge...?

Last edited:
Wii_Smurf said:
What does this thing do?
I take it it's like an Illegal chip. Does it just store all your games on one cartridge...?
Yea it stores all games on one cartridge and no its not a illegal chip.

XLaw said:
I haven't even touched my Wii (console :D ) for a long while. I just mostly play my DS Lite ^^

Ditto. :) I love the Wii, but since getting the DS I havn't turned the Wii on, all my gaming time is with the Lite.

XLaw said:

not an illegal chip to have or use, funny thing is what is illegal is what is put into the chip. Ex. Roms.(Games for DS) <-- for the noobs. lol

XLaw said:
So I can buy this, download all my games onto 1 cartridge and then trade them in at my local store?
Sorry to sound like a n00b but this is intreguing

So if I put my pokemon pearl on it do I have 2 copies now? Original and the game on the R4, and does that copy over my save files?
Oh yeah and can you play music while playing a game?

As far as I know, Leedsboi17 = Yes you can put the Illegal (Roms) in your cartridge and get rid of your old games. Some models of the chip dont allow you to use your second port for GBA games. And you can only hold as much as the Cartridge can hold. So if the thing is 1 Gig, you can hold like a nice 20 games or something like that.

Massi4h = You will have to start pokemon Pearl over again. Unless you can figure out a way to transfer your .SAV to your cartridge.
As far as playing music while playing the game.. Think about it. You wouldneed to turn off the music of your regular game to listen to your Mp3. or whatever. All this info im saying I've just read from the internet. So anyone correct me if im wrong. Again. Fight Piracy!

Im a Nintendo vet but consider me stupid...what the heck is an "r4ds"? And exactly what does it do?:drool:

wii 24-7 said:
I am a Nintendo vet but what the F**K is "r4ds"?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

an r4ds is a card with a Micro SD slot that you can buy that fits like a game into your nintendo DS, that allows you to play pirated [read: downloaded/illegal] games without buying them [among other things].

anyone who uses it for homebrew is probably using it to play nes/snes/other system's games, or mostly just lying [watch the flames commence from that statement].

anyway....
to sum up the original poster's comment: "i can now play pirated games! i'm so happy!"

i kinda wish nintendo would smack people hard using these, i keep seeing people using R4DS [and AR, since r4ds has the ability to use cheat codes for roms] on wifi games... people sure know how to rain on people's parades.

shame youtube isnt working, or i'd show you a video of what it is in detail.

</rant>

[disclaimer: i dont own one. know the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemies closer? it kind of applies to this ;) ]

Last edited:
Back