Guitar Hero 5: new modes and tracks revealed

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Activision's Guitar Hero 5, set to release this fall on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, and Wii, has been hiding out in the back, watching what everyone else is doing. And now, with a plan of attack in mind, it comes at you with a whole bunch of cool new features and tracks.

Game Hunters reveals that a new Fest mode lets players battle each other at home or online for top scores. Four can play at home and eight can play online in this competitive mode that uses momentum points. Miss a note in competition and lose momentum. You must correctly hit the next 20 notes to regain it. I can see myself losing this mode every time!

As you may have heard, Party Play lets people join in songs mid-game as well as switch instruments and difficulty levels. And there will be plenty of songs to party to, says project director Brian Bright. “We have a lot of new indie artists as well and Iron Maiden as more classic rock or heavy metal.”

Here's some track highlights:

* Tom Petty (Runnin Down a Dream)
* White Stripes (Blue Orchid)
* Bob Dylan (All Along The Watchtower)
* The Rolling Stones (Sympathy for the Devil)
* Santana (No One To Depend On)
* Johnny Cash (Ring of Fire)
* Kings of Leon (Sex on Fire)

I'm pumped about Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," which actually features Wonder’s electronic clavinet keyboard in the song.

linkage

oh em gee!!!! "sypmathy for the devil" and "superstition"??

Back