Halo On Nintendo DS?

its a joke dude...

In the December issue of Game Inofrmer it has an article about Bungie splitting away from Microsoft to become its own independent Developer so it can make more money

The GI staff proceed to ask if they can expect to see any Bungie licenses on other consoles and he jokingly says: "Well we certainly aren't talkinga bout doing Halo DS!" (insert his chuckle)

Halo will never come to the DS for a few reasons:

1. the IP is owned by Microsoft NOT Bungie
2. Microsoft wants all the money they can get...why giv away their biggest IP?

sorry to burst your bubble...but it aint hapnin

metalfreak said:
its a joke dude...

In the December issue of Game Inofrmer it has an article about Bungie splitting away from Microsoft to become its own independent Developer so it can make more money

The GI staff proceed to ask if they can expect to see any Bungie licenses on other consoles and he jokingly says: "Well we certainly aren't talkinga bout doing Halo DS!" (insert his chuckle)

sorry to burst your bubble...but it aint hapnin

Actaully there WAS a Halo DS in development! IGN showed the video like last month. They weren't allowed to tell why it was cancelled though... I'll try to find the video

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/874/874110/vids_1.html

Watch the first video

bilzar said:
Actaully there WAS a Halo DS in development! IGN showed the video like last month. They weren't allowed to tell why it was cancelled though... I'll try to find the video

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/874/874110/vids_1.html

Watch the first video

hmm...maybe it got cancelled becuz they realized they cant do that? cuz i read the article today and Halo is definately owned by Microsoft not Bungie...maybe it was fake? o well i dunno...anyway look at my quote, Miyamoto doesnt want that game! :lol:

Bilzar is correct. The game was developed to a playable state, and was turned down by MS. There's no joke involved.

It probably won't happen, but your reasoning isn't correct.

1. MS can make considerable money by SELLING Halo for the DS. Their console is not actually a source of income yet--they still subsidize it so they can corner the market and make their money from software sales. Selling Halo for the DS doesn't "give away" anything. They have no platform that competes with the DS.

2. In addition to the money they can make from software sales on DS, MS could see this as an opportunity to convert DS users into 360 users by dangling a sample of one of their most popular IPs in front of them, and then tempting them to come over to the 360 for Halo 2 and 3. In that way, they wouldn't be helping Nintendo at all, but hurting them. Nintendo has already won the portable platform war (one which MS isn't even in), and they 50 million users waiting to be poached by the 360's impressive specs and library of games.

It's not something I anticipate. But there are plenty of business reasons to do it.

metalfreak said:
hmm...maybe it got cancelled becuz they realized they cant do that? cuz i read the article today and Halo is definately owned by Microsoft not Bungie...maybe it was fake? o well i dunno...anyway look at my quote, Miyamoto doesnt want that game! :lol:

argahrgahgrahrgahrgah

why is there diddy kong racing on the ds? or why is there going to be a viva pinata on the ds?

microsoft isn't in the handheld department, they wouldn't lose money, they would gain money from the software sales of halo ds, that's why they are permiting rare to produce some games for the ds

i personally don't think it's going to happen, but it is definitely a possibility...

well i have seen this before but too bad it was cancled

RadNad said:
Isn't there a Halo DS Homebrew being made by some random guy?

Some sort of 2d sidescroller? Sounds familiar.

Back