HDMI & Wii

Calibra

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Hey guys, Is it possible to use the wii HDMI output and plug a HDMI cable from it into my TV's HDMI input?

As my TV components are being used by my dvd surround system.

I dont wanna use HDMI to RGB Scart.

Thanks in advance.
:ihih:

If you could just save/load data directly from SD cards, a hard-drive wouldn't be necessary... I hope Nintendo makes this possible someday.

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread...

Last edited:
Zarogan said:
If you could just save/load data directly from SD cards, a hard-drive wouldn't be necessary... I hope Nintendo makes this possible someday.
i think your in the wrong thread. anyways just by a componant splitter box thing and you can plug in multiple devices into 1 set of ports

Mitch2025 said:
i think your in the wrong thread. anyways just by a componant splitter box thing and you can plug in multiple devices into 1 set of ports
Yes, I am in the wrong thread, I tend to open multiple threads at once and read them all, so I must have mistaken the window =P

Sry

god not this argument again... the ATSC and NTSC advanced & national television standards committe the people that decide the standards for t.v's do list 480p as HD signal.. EDTV is an industry term for selling t.v's to people 480p is high def just the lowest form of high def anything in 16:9 instead of the standard 4:3 ratio is infact considered highdef...it may not be the best but the people who make the rules say it is so.... sorry for your luck...

the terms SDTV,EDTV,HDTV is more or less just the industry terms for there types of t.v's some companys sell 480 t.v's as EDTV some sell them as HDTV really the only thing that makes them one thing or another is the ratio...
4:3 standard 16:9 Highdef... pretty simple concept.. after that its just whatever they want to call it to make it sell, the FCC has set forth that all t.v. be broadcasted in digital signal by 2009... not HD signal just digital... which any new t.v. on the market pretty much has by now.. or a mixture od digital and analog tuners... HD isnt going to become the standard.. its not forced or anything its just the direction its going... anything can happen

I stands for interlaced
P stands for progressive scan

^^both standards are used for HDTV, I is for standard definition, and P is for EDTVs, HDTVs run them all

There is no HDMI for the Wii, the only console to support componet is the PS3, the X360 also runs over componet only

People say that componet (RGB cables) cables will give you a better image than composite (yellow cable), on the Wii even though the Wii dosen't have any HD or ED games, I have to disagree on this, when i got my componet cables, my image looked horrible, it wasn't the cable that made the image look horrible, it was the fact that the picture was clearer, therefore showing the flaws in the game's programming, for example, on Mario Kart 64, the blue 64 ball has what looks like a crack in it, on SD, it's noticable, but hardly noticable, on 480P you can see the "crack" by just glancing at the 64 ball (right before the 6 of 64), also, some of the graphics look pixelated, again, this is not a problem with the componet cable, it is the increase of the image quality and the fact that Nintendo dosen't care about grapics, instead they care in gameplay

One thing i don't seem to understand, if you run a GCN game in the Wii, it asks if you if you want to run it progressive scan or interlaced, but if you run a Wii game or a VC game on the Wii, it will just run in progressive scan

Back