Help me!! A wii is at stake!!

Smileface

Your buddy! Or not . . .
Thank you for whoever read this and left a comment.
Well, at the last minute, my artard of a brother said
"Hey let's get the PS3 instead of the wii. Its better."
Yes, I know, he is a sac of hot air and wasted space,
but he is trying to convince my parents to buy the 400$ powerhouse instead of the humble God that is the wii.
Can I get a few tips to convince my bro?
Other than price. My parents don't care about it, but I can't get both
And other than SSBB. My silly parents are living in the past. They don't even know Mario. MARIO. Even Snake knows Mario. (You know, from the E3 vid)
HELP!!!
Thank you!!

The wii brings families together... My wife HATES video games but I cannot get her off of the wii.

My son is 6 and he loves it.

Say that the Wii is more portable, being WAY smaller than the PS3. Secondly, say the Wii will give you a bit of exercise with Wii sports and what not. Say the Wii has WiFi. It is SO MUCH FUN to create a Mii. Say that the Wii gets you more involved in the games, and that Nintendo>Sony. And say that the Wii has more games, and Nintendo is better with video game consoles, which is true. Sony is more CD player and big screen TV than successful video game console.

hmmm..... Environmentally friendly? it uses far less power than PS3 or the other guy..........I doubt the "green" approach would work.....technically speaking The PS3 is more powerful, and it's a blu-ray player..... but for some reason everyone and their aunt girth wants a wii...I mean it's topped the charts every month for the past year except for Nov....(halo3). I have one...........It is more interactive.......hmmm......................But that on-line play is a nice thing.....oh well i guess i'm just rambling.....looks like you'll just have to flip a coin

JAKE196 said:
Just say the PS3 doesn't have that many games and the games are rather expensive. If worst comes to worst it's not a bad console though, 2008 looks bright.
I agree with this guy. If you do get a PS3, you will get to experience the awesomeness that will be MGS4.

oh, and tell your brother that YOU CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING WITH MARIO ON THE PS3 B/C IT'S NINTENDO'S CHARACTER! Everyone (excluding our parents) loves Mario.

Let your parents dish out the money for a PS3 then get a job and buy a Wii yourself.

Let him know the Wii offers a wide arrange of online titles, he can venture into retro gaming and download the hits from the Nes, Snes, Genesis, N64 etc.
There are also cool channels that you and your brother can play around with.
There are fun and great games on the Wii, the graphics are great in most games and that next year will be a great year for the system.

Sounds good to me :wink:

Smileface said:
Thank you for whoever read this and left a comment.
Well, at the last minute, my artard of a brother said
"Hey let's get the PS3 instead of the wii. Its better."
Yes, I know, he is a sac of hot air and wasted space,
but he is trying to convince my parents to buy the 400$ powerhouse instead of the humble God that is the wii.
Can I get a few tips to convince my bro?
Other than price. My parents don't care about it, but I can't get both
And other than SSBB. My silly parents are living in the past. They don't even know Mario. MARIO. Even Snake knows Mario. (You know, from the E3 vid)
HELP!!!
Thank you!!

IMO your brothers right

i played wii for a month and after that its been collecting dust, not once have i touched it again

i bought ps3 2 monthes later and i play it everyday, even right now as i type this my brother is playing super stardust HD

wii dosnt have a selection of games to choose from ( i not talking about the quantity) im talking about good games

lets see

RE4-port, its out for ps2

super mario galaxy

metroid prime

SSBB

zelda

ps3 on the other hand has tons of good games on its way and already has alot of good games out

and as for the online, hands down ps3 wins, demoes, videos, games etc.....

it has a blu-ray player in it, lets see..........bluray looks frickin awesome on the HDTV

now unless you refer to yourself as a "casual" gamer get the ps3 for gods sake

though im pretty sure alot of fanboys will come here and start flaming the ps3 *sigh

and im pretty sure you dont care about what i think cause you stuck in imagination land where your holding your wii........

ps3 has way supirior graphics

the cell proccessor....im not even gonna go into that.....

One ps3 game has 25 GB of space, 25!!!!!

an thats only single layer bluray, soon ps3 will be capable of double layer (50 GB) and triple layer and so on

I mean i want you to name all the games you hyped for and then ill show you all my games

.....if you want it that bad then imo just by it for less then a month and then return it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epq7Oc3nmjM

thats a video for ps3 cell processor

Last edited:
Say 89% of ps3 games cause children and grown-ups alike to try to destroy things or kill people.

then say the wii's games are usually E for everyone.

that always gets em!

Mattdz said:
just get your bro to play the PS3 so he sees how god awful it is, and then have him play the wii

Have you ever played a ps3 game or ps3 it self

i mean playing a stupid game like gundum would obviously keep you away from seeing the potential of ps3

play a game like uncharted or resistence or warhawk

speaking of warhawk im playing it right now

lol i commited suicide and took three people with me =)

and to the above guy thats the parents fault for buying the game for the kid or for not checking the kids games at home

theirs a ESRB rating on games for a reason

Back