Help picking a game for my fiance

klsrc

The Voice of Reason...
Jan 2, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Hey everyone. The suggestions I got from everyone on the last game I got (Mario Strikers Charged) were great. I wanted to ask your opinions again but not for me this time...

My fiance loves the Wii and I want to get a game that she'll enjoy playing. She loves the Wii Sports games (who doesn't!) and she has expressed interest in a few other titles that I'll list in a second. My concern for some of these titles is that they likely aren't what she thinks they are and she won't enjoy them. I am mostly concerned given her abilities as a player - she tends to get frustrated with some of the control in games. For example, she does fine in Zelda TP until she has to fight an enemy that she didn't see coming. At that point, there is too much to remember for her to control and she doesn't have fun.

I'm looking for something somewhat similar but without so much emphasis on skill with controlling.

She has expressed interest in the following games:

Tomb Raider Anniversary
Crash of the Titans
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Rayman Raving Rabbids

Mostly, I think she's after a fun game with moderate skill level puzzles. She's 23 and enjoys solving things. She certainly is not into the more hardcore gaming like Metroid. I think Mario Galaxy would even be a stretch for her controlling skill given that there are definitely some areas that require some dexterity.

Is there anything you all can think of that would be a good match for my description? I think the games she listed are for the most part going to be too advanced for her. Would Super Paper Mario be more in line? Anything I haven't thought of? What are your opinions?

This sounds like a Mario Galaxy lover to me... Try that out, it's a great game and has a lot of solving levels.:)

If she likes party games then it will be...
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree
Mario Party 8
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
WarioWare Smooth Moves

But if she likes adventure games then it will be...
Metroid Prime 3
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

Last edited:
well if she enjoys puzzle games, the only game you should get her is Zack and Wiki! Its the BEST puzzle game ever for the Wii! Its a single player game, well it says 2 player but the only thing the 2nd player can do is kinda draw all over the screen and thats about it. But this game is amazing, it requires alot of brain knowledge and tons of team work! I think you and her will enjoy this game alot. Tell me if you get it :D

Hello, I'm new!

I would get your fiance:

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Zack & Wiki

Hi, I am new here, but I just got Endless Ocean and it is great. I am 26 and I too do not like heavily violent games, which is why I opted for the Wii over the 360 or PS3. Try it, I bet she would like it!

Can't go wrong with Galaxy. The puzzles get more exciting as you go along and the controls are super simple you should give this one a try :yesnod:

She should really try Mario Galaxy, I am a 25 year-old girl and I love it, my brother's girlfriend is 22 and a very casual gamer and she loves it and my mum who is 50 and also a casual gamer loves it too. You can't go wrong!

Last edited:
Zack & Wiki sounds like her sort of game. It's point and click puzzles and dexterity is rarely required. If she's easily frustrated, she might not be so keen on redoing a level up to the point that she died but you're going to have that same problem in a lot of games. The only problem with Zack & Wiki is that it's incredibly short. My wife surprisingly inquired on how much it would cost to buy the game when we were playing it on rental and was very disappointed when she found out we were only about 3 levels from being finished. It might be best as a rental but even if it's not the game you buy her as a gift, it's certainly worth checking out.

Kenji510 said:
But if she likes adventure games then it will be...
Metroid Prime 3
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

super paper mario is an action rpg and super mario galaxy is a platformer. but i do agree with your party game selection. also super mario galaxy is in no way a hard game, except for the purple coin levels. go with galaxy.

how about mysims? its very girly and rather good, and easy to get on with. my wife loves it (and the game, snigger)

I'd say:

Big Brain Academy
Mario Galaxy
Sims Castaway
Zack and Wiki

One of those. Obviously, Mario Galaxy is the best of those. Maybe rent it and see if she likes it. Regardless, I'm sure you'd probably like it if she doesn't. It's a hard game not to like.

But I'm sure she will certainly NOT like Super Paper Mario. That game is not for casual gamers as it requires a lot of investment into the game. I kid you now, at least 1/3 of the game seriously is comprised of reading text (and really cheesy, funny only to children text). If she's looking for something that she can pick up and play and have a great time with, SPM is NOT the game.

Last edited:
Back