Help with odd pink and green tint on Wii

dneunabe

WiiChat Member
Jun 9, 2014
Hi,
I've had my Wii for several years, and used it without a problem. I have a Pioneer Elite TV, and use the component cable for connection. The Wii worked well. One day, the output from the Wii took on a definite pink and green tint, with the other colors washed out. This is true for all games and the main menu screen. It isn't the TV, because the color output from the TV is fine with either cable or PS3. I can't easily access the cables, because the TV is wall mounted. But those haven't been changed or moved. I've updated the software on the Wii with no change. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get the real colors back? Or be able to tell me what is wrong?

Hi,
I've had my Wii for several years, and used it without a problem. I have a Pioneer Elite TV, and use the component cable for connection. The Wii worked well. One day, the output from the Wii took on a definite pink and green tint, with the other colors washed out. This is true for all games and the main menu screen. It isn't the TV, because the color output from the TV is fine with either cable or PS3. I can't easily access the cables, because the TV is wall mounted. But those haven't been changed or moved. I've updated the software on the Wii with no change. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get the real colors back? Or be able to tell me what is wrong?
sounds like really bad news to me...try calling nintendo.

Back