Hey guys . . . big help needed.

tbird911

WiiChat Member
Aug 25, 2007
I have just bought some GC games to play on my WII, but I'm having a hard time getting wireless controllers to work. It really seems like only one controller is recognized by the system at a time.

I have tried a madcatz by itself = works fine
Gamestop wireless by itself works = works fine

Plug the two in together and only the first one plugged in will work. If I unplug the one and swap it to the port1. No problem.

I also have tried 2 pelican wireless with autoscan compat. feature. Not supposed to interfere and stamped as being certified to work with the WII. Same sort of thing. They each have transmit/receive lights on the transmitter/receiver and on the gamepad itself. Pushing a button on the controller activates the flasher on the part plugged into the WII. I know they are synchronized.

It's just like my WII doesnt want to work with two GC controllers plugged in.

PLease help- 5 yr son is driving me batty over pikmin 2. :)

Try taking the wired controller and blowing into the socket. Sometimes the GC controllers act glitchy and you need to blow on the sockets to get them working again. If that doesn't work, then try a different model wireless GC controller (Wavebird is a good suggestion).

Well another reason they might not be working might be becuase the wireless ports for the controllers are interferring with each other becasue they are on the same channel...

I actually think that only the 1st port is working. Should I be able to plug a controller into any of the 4 ports and have it work or do I have to populate port 1, then 2, then 3 etc.?

Like Marioman said, they might be on the same channel. Go and check.
And I think you do have to start at 1, then 2 etc, you can't just use any (I think).

This is an off-chance long shot hail mary will probably miss but.....If the wii is facing you, do you think that the box in port 1 is interfering with the signal from port 2? know what I mean? The signal from Port 2 might not be able to get to the Controller because port 1 is in the way? Now like my title suggests, I'm a Wii Noob, as well as a Nintendo noob. I had a PS2, not a GC so I'm not for certain. I'm just using what I learned from friends and what happens at thier house.

EDIT: spelled "their" wrong, lmao can you tell I haven't been to school in awhile?

Back