hi, im getting wii on sat/sunday ish and have some Q

hordon

WiiChat Member
Jul 24, 2007
im getting wii for bday on sat and have some questions. besides wanting to know what games to get i would also like to know how good the wiimotes battery life is, and will rechargable batteries cut it or should i get a charging stand, and if i should, any recommendations?,,...

Rechargable batteries are fine and will probally last you around 20+ hours of gameplay. I havent got a charge station yet just because i havent felt like it.

Twightlight princess is ok but a must own since it is zelda, resident evil 4 is my favorite wii game other then those i havent really felt the need to buy games. although dragonball harry potter and paper mario are good

Nyko Charging Station is available in retail stores... but i must warn u that *if* you want to use peripherals, dont get the Nyko one cuz u'll be forced to use their battery cover, which is not very bulky at all, but enough that the wiimote wont fit in the peripheral.
So you can try getting a Sanyo 1-Hour Super Quick Charger... i got mine at CostCo

Well yes, Zelda Twilight Princess is a must, and I just got RE4 the other day and it is real good as well.
As for batteries, I am using normal duracell's, I have almost beaten the Bigs, played many hours of driver, RE4 and Zelda, even a little wii sports and they are not dead. Really if you can't find a charger or whatever buy normal batteries. I just buy a bunch of cheap ones as well at dollarama :lol:

cartman777 said:
Nyko Charging Station is available in retail stores... but i must warn u that *if* you want to use peripherals, dont get the Nyko one cuz u'll be forced to use their battery cover, which is not very bulky at all, but enough that the wiimote wont fit in the peripheral.
So you can try getting a Sanyo 1-Hour Super Quick Charger... i got mine at CostCo

Oh shoot. I got the Nyko one, and I think I lost the original battery cover.
I've never thought of that...
I don't care about those Mario Wheel crap, but what if my wiimote doesn't fit in the zapper?
Cartman777, u're smart.

haha, thnx, but i only know this cuz i made the mistake of buying Nyko Wii Charger myself >_<
ima give it to my friend since he got a wii...

if you live in the uk, do NOT get a charge kit from GAME, it broke my wiimote and it doesnt work properley anymore.

Last edited:
You should get Mario Strikers Charged when it comes out in the US 7/30/07. Or if you're in Eurpoe its already out. It has online capability and from what I hear it's great.

I co-sign what everyone said about Zelda TP. It's a great game, and a must have.

As far as RE4...I dunno. I owned it played it, but didn't like it. I absolutely hated the controls. The controls and character movement, etc. killed that game for me. Only buy this if your a die hard Resident Evil fan. If you don't know if you would like it...I suggest renting before buying it.

Super Paper Mario is fun. I finished it. Good stuff.

With the Wii I suggest getting the first party games. don't bother getting the cross platform stuff. It all pretty much sucks on the Wii.

If you like party games I suggest Wario Smooth Moves, and Maybe Rayman...maybe.

Get some Wii points. Actually there are a lot of great classic games on there.

If you want a second Wiimote...definitely pick up Wii Play. Don't bother buying a remote outright if you don't first buy this game. You get a Wiimote and a game. Basically it ends up like you bought a Wiimote and then bought a game for $10 It's a good deal no matter how you look at it.

Trauma centre is ok. It's mostly a memory game to see if you can remember how to do increasingly complicated medical procedures, and it's timed. It wasn't my cup of tea, but some people enjoyed it.

Basically there isn't a lot of great stuff available.

If you want the best Wii has to offer get Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Mario smooth moves, and whatever on-line game is available in your region currently. Wii points card, Wiiplay (just for the extra wii mote really), another nunchuck, a gamecube controller, and a classic controller, an SD card, and a gamecube memory card.

Since the Wii comes with only standard cables i suggest getting cables for the best connection your TV has whether it's S Video or Component.

As far as batteries...get those high capacity AA rechargeables. The ones for digital cameras, and get an extra set of rechargeables that way you can have a set charging while another is being used in the wii mote, so if your battery dies during play you just switch em out. I also have a package of energizers that I keep in case I forget to charge all of the batteries...it does happen.

I think that will get you on great footing to start off with and build from there. you'd be pretty much set for whatever game you'd want to play whether it be Wii, VC, or gamecube.

Last edited:
Mushy Peas what do you mean I've had mine since it was released and I've never had a problem with it.

Wozz500 said:
Mushy Peas what do you mean I've had mine since it was released and I've never had a problem with it.

well the charge kit has made my wiimote turn into a turd. the lights have gone dim/off completely and it doesnt work properly in some games anymore i.e. Zelda
mine must be faulty or something, guess your lucky

Definatley get Resident Evil, so addictive!

As for batteries, I'm just using Duracell!

Rechargable batteries are a must. But a charging stand is just an extra (i might get one for convinience). But im getting mine new from ebay shops as there is a dueal charger with 2 rechargable wii packs and usb cable for £11 so im getting that there is loads on ebay, P.S iv heard bad things about the one from game

Games, Resident evil 4 (amazing), Twiglight Princess (Great), Red Steel (Great), Mario strikers charged (amazing)

Back