How do I find out what I have?

bigreddog

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2009
fort wayne, IN
I just bought a used Wii with 20 games. The 20 games are on burnt discs. They are in +R format. I've read that the Wii can be modded with a chip. I've also read about the Twilight hack. Problem is, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE!!
I have the homebrew channel installed for whatever thats worth. I see the twilight hack, whatever that is. So does that mean my system is NOT hardware modded? Will a system read burned games just by having a twilight hack? If my system does have a chip, then how do I find out WHAT chip and how do I update my system without getting bricked? I'm obviously a newbie to the Wii system so I really need help here!

Thanks!!

Sorry we wont help you here

Do what any decent gamer (or anybody that I call a gamer)dose and buy your games from a proper retailer

Since purchasing the unit, I have bought all my games from retailers. I'm only asking, HOW do I find out what I have in my Wii so I don't get this thing bricked. I paid $585 for this thing from ebay with "original" games and then I was very upset to say the least when the games arrived with no covers, no instructions, and FAKE cds. So now that I'm stuck with this thing, because Paypal said I did receive the unit, (yes!), but still....... So now I want to be able to use this without having problems! Can I update it or not? So I need to know what I have before I can update it. How do I know what has or has not been done to this Wii?

Back