How do i permanently unsyc a wii remote?

WiiZer0

WiiChat Member
Jul 9, 2011
usa
First: I understand the difference between (and how-to) permanently and temporarily sync wii remotes, (using the red reset buttons vs using the 1 & 2 buttons).

I permanently synced 4 remotes to my wii. Then, one broke and was discarded, it is no longer available. I bought a replacement and permanently synced it to my system, (using the red buttons) but the broken one was never 'un-synced' because I did not know how and also because it was completely non functional. note: I know for a fact that the broken remote was the 4th one to be perma-synced to my wii. I am certain of this because they are different colors.

Now the new 4th(replacement) wii mote acts unpredictably: sometimes losing sync completely, at other times all the buttons work but no cursor. additionally the other three remotes act the same way when plaing games that only support one or two remotes

those are the facts
In theory my wii system has 5 remotes permanently synced with itself. And the 5th one is the one that is acting unusually.

Finally my question(s): How can I assure that the 4 remotes that I have now are properly permanently synced to my Wii. Is there a limit to the number of permanent syncs that a single Wii can support? (is it only 4? is it 128 like many Bluetooth devices?) If there is a limit of 4, how did my Wii decide which perma-sync to replace when I perma-synced the newest remote?

thank you for reading my post.

Press and hold the red sync button on any working Wiimote for I think 10 seconds. This will unsync all Wiimotes. Just resync the working ones and you're good to go.

I actually did that when i synced the newest one, it didnt seem to unsync the other ones, but i just did a resync of all four, so far so good. still interested to get answers to the other questions. purely out of curiosity.
thank you!

Back